Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys,
I have a major 'problem' and need some opinions or/and advices about my 01-ZX12R!
And there it is lately I can't go over 190mph, the clock just stucks at that speed and that's it!:headscratch:
It's got K&N filters, supposed to be clean/2000 miles ago washed them/, and open exhaust/muffler/.It has 23k on the clocks, used to has PC3, but not at the moment, bought it without it.Dunlop Qualifier2 tires , new.
Is it possible to be from the clutch, slipping occasionaly?It will be replaced in the next winter months.
Any ideas what could be the reason(s) and how to 'cure' it?
:puzzled:
It has a lot more to go right?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Don't rely on the speedo use s GPS device to get a more accurate speed reading.
If you bike is an A2 model it will top out at 186Mph as they are restricted.
The restriction can be removed.
I believe I'm right in saying that a close to stock bike like yours will top out at 196mph on standard gearing and no rev extend providing the top speed restrictions have been removed

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
For sure I'll remove the restrictions, but first I'll have to find which they are!
And how to of course!
You know it's a street legal rocket, but two days ago I was riding along with one Blackbird and ZX10R-12, and damn it we were so close on the max!I thoght I would own them but unfortunately not!That's why I'm willing to change that, because defenately I'm sure I can 'smoke' them on the long straits at the highways right!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Why you need to go 200 mph? All I have to say is be careful on the beast. At 200 mph you have very little reaction time to fix what you did wrong. Make sure you are no where around civil people that drive them 4 wheeled bugs that just can't move fast enough to get out your way. You may want an Addrellin rush find a different approach to get your rush. It sounds to me that you want to tell all your friends that you can go 200 mph . Let the truth be know all them other bikes can go 200 mph also then what you going to want to go 250mph with 300 rwhp and luckily the zx12r already has wings or you would be thinking of a way to get wings on a bike that is just my thoughts. sorry if I pissed you off but the truth is truth

BE SAFE ON TWO WHELLS

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why you need to go 200 mph?
Because it can!
No man you didn't make me angry, but you see my point is that if the bike is capable to do 200mph/on speedo is even more/, I'd prefer it to be that way!And exactley the top speed is the most distinguished feature of ZX12R amongst all other bikes, right!:crazyloco:
In nowdays of course the ZZR1400, but that's something else.
Anyway, anybody awared how exactley those restrictions to be removed, I mean in details or so?Come on I know you are somewhere there!:nana:

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have done 198mph on my calibrated speedo... I am modded and derestricted though.. also it took a long time to get there, but that day the weather was very good and I was just nuts!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I love your enthusiasm and I hope you have the skills to put your money where your mouth is or you'll be dead soon. I'm not knocking what u do. I understand because I push the bikes limits as well. I normally try to make sure I have some open road in front of me and don't have any view of cars. I live in Florida where we have some long flat bridges.

Anyways, enough of the concern for safety. I have a 2000a1 zx12r with a full brocks system, PCIII, k & n filters and a 17th front sprocket. It also has the billet clutch basket.(if you don't have one, get one. The stock basket will explode through your right foot someday. And if you are doing the speeds your speaking of, it could easily kill u). My bike has the 220mph speedometer. I have sank my needle a couple of times. I do know that I was NOT doing 225mph. With my gearing, its impossible to go over a true 187mph. U have to get your limiter off. I do not have one. But in stock form, my bike will read over 200 mph all day long, but it is not true speed. The new zx10r is a sick bike, but is also has a limiter. All bikes after 2000 are limited to 186. You do have the right platform to break the true 200mph mark, to get over 200 on a GPS reading, you'll need at least 1287big bore kit and some cams in the n/a form. Then the correct gearing to get there. Look up a gearing chart to see which gearing for your bike will take it passed 200mph. Then you have to make sure your bike has the power to pull you all the way through each gear.

Have fun with your bike. It is a beast. It will run with the best. In its day it was the king. If u want to break the barrier of a true 200mph, plan on spending at least $6000 in mods. And when u break that barrier, come back and tell us how it felt....

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
... You do have the right platform to break the true 200mph mark, to get over 200 on a GPS reading, you'll need at least 1287big bore kit and some cams in the n/a form.... If u want to break the barrier of a true 200mph, plan on spending at least $6000 in mods..
Sorry but that info is false. Sure, if he's trying to run 200mph in a standing mile even he'll need a lot of HP, but given a little more room a mild ZX12R can break 200mph. This has been proven many times. I think it was Redsled who just do it a year or two ago on his ZX12R up in Loring, 1.5 mile event, and a 2000 ZX12R with the basic mods of Pipe/PowerCommander/Filters/Lowered and proper gearing with a good rider! Hell I have less then $800 into my bike with those exact mods!

·
Registered
107 Posts
OK, I agree with u, I guess I was thinking more about the lsr events. But I believe the new zx10r without the limiter as well would probably do the same. I wouldn't say that the 12R would smoke a brand new 10R. But in would say that the 12r can definitely hold its own against today's top machines.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Lio,

Dirty air cleaner kills power. Run a new one when you get ready with the bird/10 again.
The lower the compression, the more the newer bikes with more compression will get you.
Set the valves, then see how far off book compression has yours at?

Book: 149 ~ 228 psi @ 300 rpm

·
Registered
15 Posts
You also should get PC3 back. I think you should really reconsider going that fast, but then again I've driven almost 170mph in my car too.. So I know exactly what you're going through when you're racing another bike. that feeling and adreneline rush of racing someone else... And just letting your throttle go.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lio,

Dirty air cleaner kills power.
Yep mate, I'll do that!But at first I'll have to 'educate' somehow myself on the matter with ECU hacking etc!For the moment I'm just reading posts and thats all, only reading!:banghead: I'm 100% sure I won't be able to cope with that by myself.I'll keep on looking for some assistance from some freiends or may be other bike fellas to deal with the hacking of the ECU!I'm still waiting for some serious support from people 'inlighted' in that matter!
Appreciate your help again!

NUCLEON ST, brother I wil do!Near Sofia, but thanks anyway!:clap:

And something else about the 190+, on a good straight road with enough far visibility and ill trafic it's ok with me!:scared:
I won't doing it everyday ride like that of course:eek:hno: but at least I'll be metally satisfied that I could do it if I'd like to, if you know what I mean!:crazyloco:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yep mate, I'll do that!But at first I'll have to 'educate' somehow myself on the matter with ECU hacking etc!For the moment I'm just reading posts and thats all, only reading!:banghead: I'm 100% sure I won't be able to cope with that by myself.I'll keep on looking for some assistance from some freiends or may be other bike fellas to deal with the hacking of the ECU!I'm still waiting for some serious support from people 'inlighted' in that matter!
Appreciate your help again!

NUCLEON ST, brother I wil do!Near Sofia, but thanks anyway!:clap:

And something else about the 190+, on a good straight road with enough far visibility and ill trafic it's ok with me!:scared:
I won't doing it everyday ride like that of course:eek:hno: but at least I'll be metally satisfied that I could do it if I'd like to, if you know what I mean!:crazyloco:
Lio, your zx12r will hold 200 with ease in a nice tight tuck. One thing u may want to invest in is a Scotts steering damper. In the States there about $450 us dollars. I don't have one, but I'm sure I'll see the day when I wish I had one.

The zx12r holds the fastest n/a lsr events. Over 220mph in the mile. It is still one bad ass machine.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
The zx12r holds the fastest n/a lsr events. Over 220mph in the mile. It is still one bad ass machine.
yup, see sig CMGs bike. stock motor i swear :rotflmao::rotflmao:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anybody to share some experience with Nikko G-pack, or similar gadgets mounted on ZX12's?
I mean do they do some improvemnt or so?200+ at least ...:scared:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Anybody to share some experience with Nikko G-pack, or similar gadgets mounted on ZX12's?
I mean do they do some improvemnt or so?200+ at least ...:scared:
With rev extend and the Gpack your bike will go over 200 with the right mods !!

Hobster had a thread on doing this on the autobarn with a 05 model with a GPS , not speedo ! ..

1 - 20 of 46 Posts