Kawasaki World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 01 zx9 and my headlight doesnt come on when i start the bike but if i switch to hi/lo to highbeam and rev the bike up as it starts the light come on. I cant figure it out, please help :banghead:

·
Registered
329 Posts
i have a 01 zx9 and my headlight doesnt come on when i start the bike but if i switch to hi/lo to highbeam and rev the bike up as it starts the light come on. I cant figure it out, please help :banghead:
I can't figure it out, either.
Are you saying neither hi nor low will work until you rev it?
I too lost my h/light (while 500 miles from home). I found a bad connection at the alt connector.
There is a relay in the fuse box (solid state) that senses voltage from the alt. when the bike starts, turning the h/light on. If it isn't sensing enough voltage it won't connect.
As I had a problem with the 3 wire connector coming from the alt. I'd check it for discoloration. I think mine over heated because of a loose pin fit from the factory.
Best internet diagnose I have. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys I know this is an old thread but does anyone know how to bypass this relay in the junction box. I have heard this can be doen ( the headlights then come on when you tunr th ekey on) But I cant work out how to do so.

I have identified that the headlight relay is showing at least 12 volts when running but zip from the starter circuit relay whci h im pretty sure why my headlights are not coming on.

Everything else works - horn, tailight, parking light, right hand side blinkers, stop light BUT the front left hand blinker also wont fire - the rear does but flashes fast like the front globe is blown. I've swapped the right hand globes and the same thing happens but they work fine on the right.

Any ideas?

Appreciate your help

Wayne in Australia

1 - 5 of 5 Posts