Kawasaki World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my speedo is jacked up, its real jerky and sometimes it gets stuck, like i may be doing 65 and it will jump up to 150 and just stay stuck there, its cycles fine along with my tac when i turn the key on, thought it was my speed sensor so i bought a used one last season, didnt change a bit.... thought it may be another bad one so i just tried another used one and they all are the same, jerky and sticky. also when i remove them there is oil on the end that goes into the crank case, is that normal? i would really like my speedo to work properly any ideas? BTW i cleaned all connections with contact cleaner on all 3 of the different speed sensors i have installed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
speedo

i made a little video so you can kinda see how its jerky or jumpy, but you can notice way more when riding while slowing down and speeding up.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Man that is weird.Can you borrow the same year ecu to test with.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont know anyone else that has a bike like mine around here, is it normal for oil to be on the part that goes into the crankcase? i would think it is. i dont really think its the speed sensor anymore... unless i got 3 bad ones in a row.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I would check all wires and make sure none of them are touching. After that check your throttle cables. Here is a wire diagram of a 2003 that works for me and came in handy plenty of time

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts