Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just have a stupid-ish question. I have an 02 zx12r, full muzzy stainless exhaust, BMC filters, and pc3usb generic tune.

My question is, is it safe to run a 20hp dry shot of nitrous? Someone said the motor is to old despite it having only 18k miles (non abused lol).

Pros and cons of it? What happens if I hit the rev limited while spraying?

Lastly can I use a dynojet quickshifter while spraying?

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
too old lol
are you looking to spray the bike without getting it mapped?
QS yes thats fine

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Yeah whoever said too old probably has a liter bike and is scared of how fast u will be.

Def add fuel in your power commander if u spray, but the 12will love it!

The consensus is up to a 40 shot u will be fine. 60 shot dry is where u need to start thinking of supporting mods. Trans back cut, built head, built bottom end etc. etc.

·
Registered
238 Posts
30 shot on a stock A model melted valves and pistons when the clutch slipped at full throttle doing a mile run allowing it to hit the limiter.
Not one of my bikes just someone I know from the runway.
Depending on who sets the gas up you don't always get the shot you are supposed to.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
That was a good question. I've wanted to throw a bottle of the magic gas on every bike I've owned but was always to scared I'd blow em up. Never had the Inline-4 skills or money to build a motor properly to handle it. I had Gas on a 79 Trans-Am way back in the day an it was amazing fun but must be that much more amazing hitting that button on a bike. It was also the downfall of the built 70 455-BB we put in it lol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys and sorry just saw the replies. @perfecte99 youre probably right. The idiot blew up his 07/08ish zx10r on a bridge race redlining it for 4+ miles. And yes everyone, it'll be mapped, a bike shop in tampa makes custom tunes for $150 inc dyno. So....40 dry shot won't destroy anything to quick with a tune?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Spray it baby, you'll be fine.

I've got a dry kit I'm going to sell, if you're interested. I'm upgrading to a wet kit.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
dont hit the limiter and you will be fine

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
How much? And what brand. And what size jets
Dynotune nitrous solenoid (with two spares), poly line, two nozzles in the ram air tubes (I'll give you the tubes with nozzles already installed), WOT switch, Muzzy 1 lb bottle with Muzzy's custom bottle bracket that holds bottle under rear seat. A handful of jets, pretty sure I have 30-40-50-55hp. I'll pull everything straight off my bike and send it to you, so you can bolt it on, hook up the wiring, and go. $225/shipped in the US. I won't be home until September 4th where I'll be able to do that though.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ooouuuu
That's sounds interesting
and i wasn't even looking for a NOS setup
:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dynotune nitrous solenoid (with two spares), poly line, two nozzles in the ram air tubes (I'll give you the tubes with nozzles already installed), WOT switch, Muzzy 1 lb bottle with Muzzy's custom bottle bracket that holds bottle under rear seat. A handful of jets, pretty sure I have 30-40-50-55hp. I'll pull everything straight off my bike and send it to you, so you can bolt it on, hook up the wiring, and go. $225/shipped in the US. I won't be home until September 4th where I'll be able to do that though.
Wow I'd gladly pay that. Do you have a personal number to text/reach you at? Email me [email protected]

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Oh yeah hey what happens if I hit the limiter lol? Valves? Also is there something to shut it off before it hits the limiter? And can a quickshifter be used with a dry kit?
You can use an RPM window switch to shut off the juice at a set RPM, such as 11000. I've heard if you hit the factory limiter while spraying there is a good chance you'll spit a valve shim or maybe it was valve spring keeper? Either way, no beuno.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You can use an RPM window switch to shut off the juice at a set RPM, such as 11000. I've heard if you hit the factory limiter while spraying there is a good chance you'll spit a valve shim or maybe it was valve spring keeper? Either way, no beuno.
Anyone know about the quick shifter question? That won't produce the same effect as rev limiter will it

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts