Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a really bad ride to work this morning. Into the corner, flop, heave it up again. Hit a bump, bounce and hop wide. Open the throttle, hmmm, not much there.
:x

Oh wait, this is my Concours, not the ZX I was expecting to be riding...
:cry:

Went to visit my dealer on Friday night, check in hand, on the word he had an '03 ZX. We opened the box, hmm, black / blue???

Turned out it was a ZZR, the workshop guy misread the label. ZX1200C ain't a ZX12R.

Anybody know of one out there? I could go as far as the midwest, or maybe down to Tejas or so. Anywhere on the East coast or south would probably also work. Just not a California bike.

Been hearing rumors about '03s being available here and there, but nothing up here in the north east.

Seen them advertised (internet) for $9550, phone up and they aren't here yet (March...).

Could also go for an 02 PMB or maybe red at a good price if anybody has a line on one. Another NH dealer has a red at $9900, but would rather wait for the 03 my local Kaw purveyor has promised me at that price.

Already ordered stuff to put on the ZX: it's looking lonely on the shelf.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'd look into " Highlands Kawasaki, outside Houston Tx... they usually have inventory pretty quick and I have not vbeen able to beat their pricing
even from out of state.

LMK if I can help..

Steve

·
Registered
191 Posts
Most of the bikes sold west of the Mississippi are California models arent they?I know all the 12`s in AZ are :?:

G

·
0 Posts
TonyTiger said:
Had a really bad ride to work this morning. Into the corner, flop, heave it up again. Hit a bump, bounce and hop wide. Open the throttle, hmmm, not much there.
:x

Oh wait, this is my Concours, not the ZX I was expecting to be riding...
:cry:

Went to visit my dealer on Friday night, check in hand, on the word he had an '03 ZX. We opened the box, hmm, black / blue???

Turned out it was a ZZR, the workshop guy misread the label. ZX1200C ain't a ZX12R.

Anybody know of one out there? I could go as far as the midwest, or maybe down to Tejas or so. Anywhere on the East coast or south would probably also work. Just not a California bike.

Been hearing rumors about '03s being available here and there, but nothing up here in the north east.

Seen them advertised (internet) for $9550, phone up and they aren't here yet (March...).

Could also go for an 02 PMB or maybe red at a good price if anybody has a line on one. Another NH dealer has a red at $9900, but would rather wait for the 03 my local Kaw purveyor has promised me at that price.

Already ordered stuff to put on the ZX: it's looking lonely on the shelf.
You can get one out of Canada for about $8500 shipped(depending on exchange rate at the time).for a red 02

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info guys:

Impact most definitely have the green 03. Unfortunately I cut myself last night, and it looks like I bleed Cosmic Splendor Red, not Lime Green. :lol: He will negotiate to change the color (of my blood that is...).

The guys in Houston don't have one yet, can put me on an '02 for $600 more than I will pay locally, and reckon we won't see an '03 before March, as the '02s were just released 6 months ago. Right...

Will keep on looking: looks like they are out there, somewhere.

As for the CA thing, most of the bike manufacturers tend to overproduce CA models, as they can sell them in neighboring states if they don't get bought in CA. The reverse (49 state models to CA) of course isn't possible. Probably also makes life easier for parts distribution and stuff.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I dont know why I keep hearing March from your local dealers on the 03.Kelly`s Kawasaki in Mesa,AZ has had the 03 for 3 weeks now and has a red and green one on the floor right now! Unless its that they don`t want a bunch of inventory over the winter up there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts