Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been tallking to the various stealers to see what they have in stock, and most flat out deny that the 03s will be here until Jan / Feb, then try to sell me a left over 01, or an 02 (not that many left).

Well, it seems they have started arriving: my local dealer phoned me this a.m. that they have an 03 that arrived. And that is after telling me that they weren't due for another 3 months yesterday afternoon...
Although they didn't try to sell me anything else, except the sales guy kept hinting about his '00 being available, with nearly all the Kaw mods done (except for fixing the lumpy idle, which he likes).

Does anybody have a line on dealers with 03s in stock, preferably black? Preferably who will trade a BMW R11GS?

Also, just what is the black color scheme for '03: the pictures on buykawasaki.com show one black with the gold undertray, as per '02, and the others are black with either a dark gray or black undertray???

·
Registered
191 Posts
Kawi green is my favorite color.I love the way they did it on ZX7 the last few models with some black & white graphics mixed in.On the 03 12 it seems like just to much pure green,the belly of the fairing dosent have any dark silver and the wheels being green makes it just to much for me,dident care for the solid chrome Ninja decals either.I think the cracked graphics on the 01 green would be a big help,that is definatly my favorite.I would trade my 01 silver bodywork for 01 green but Iv`e got a few small scrapes on the lower left side near the ZX12r decal(from the previous owner)Just thought I would throw that out there for anyone in the AZ area who might be interested in a trade.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess I am not big on Kaw green. Or the '02 blue.

I have had a string of red (R11GS, Concours), red and white (Guzzi SP100NT, Yammie FJ), Black (F650, H*nda CB750F, and hopefully the new ZX12 if I get the deal on my BM). Interspersed are silver K100RS and a blue Concours.

I liked the silver '01 a lot, and currently trying to decide between a used blue '02 (good price), red new 02 and a black 03.

The black 03 dealer is a bit midgy about trading the BMW, but wants the Conc (which I would rather keep). However I have somebody lined up for the BMW that should get squared away Saturday.

I am really lusting for the ZX. More than for any other bike since my first (750 Honda) in 81. Including the K100RS that I got in 84. And the FJ.

The Guzzis, Connies and R11GS don't even begin to scale on the old lust-meter...

I need to put some miles on before the 25th, I have a friend who would almost catch me on the straights when I was on GS. He is in for a surprise...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Red '03

I think that the "black" you are referring to is actually a metallic burgundy. The pictures on Kaw's website seem to contradict each other: gold underbelly v. grey. I think Jeroen posted a picture of a silver '03 that may be released much the way the c.t. blue was in '02. Not that the dealer would admit to. Of course, he has to move that "milk of magnesia" green first.

G

·
0 Posts
"Black" for 2003

Nublue is right, the dark color for 2003 isn't PMB or pure black. I bought the first one here in Arizona, and I love the deep metallic black-cherry color. The belly fairing is a dark slate grey. The tiny piece of body work directly under the seat is a metallic dark grey, not body colored. You can only see the red in the paint under sunny skies, but it lights up like crazy then! I think I'll get the rear set and the passenger pegs anodized black, and that will go great with the black swingarm and frame.
I'll borrow a camera soon, and post pictures.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like the Kaw marketing folks call the green and red/black :

TadAA...

Lime Green and Cosmic Splendor Red/Metallic Gray Stone...

Me, I would have said 'Reddish Black and Dark Gray :roll:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts