Kawasaki World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03 636, no spark, the bike was in a accident and this is how i got it.. fuel pump primes, turns over, no spark, bypassed kickstand and took the acuator out of the tip switch, still no spark.. i have power at the coils.. and nothing coming out of the spark plugs! i also swapped rectifier and ignition and ecu from another bike and mine still has no spark! any suggestions? im really trying to fix this bike

·
Registered
126 Posts
on my 12r the stand and neutral switch wouldn't let the starter engage I would be looking toward the stator and pick up you will probably need a manual if you dont have one. then you can trace the spark back thru the components that cause spark ; fuse blown, ignition or stop switch shorted, coil shorted,cam sensor or crank sensor shorted . start at plugs and work your way backwards till you have power then work back to the plugs

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Spark Makers:

1. Coil - You said that was OK.
2. Tone Wheel Pickup Area - You said it crashed. Which side?
3. Crank sensors - Sends no code so you would not know without having that signal at the dash.

Make sure the tone wheel or that spinning star off the crank was not broken or one of the teeth are broken off.
Match your donor crank sensor resistances between each other. If one is way off from the other, you figure it's your crank sensor, not the donor because the donor runs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you tried the tip sensor? which cuts out the engine when the bike falls over. I've had problems with this on my 04 B1H after going over bumpy roads, and its given me the same diagnosis as you have. It's fixed to the frame at the rear of the petrol tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts