Kawasaki World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an 08 shock with all of the linkage, sleeves, and bolts for $50 on eBay. Received it today and it looks to be in good shape. I plan to use the spring from my 12 and then send it to Racetech for a rebuild, Gold Valve, and rebound separator valve this winter--will post up photos and info on the swap when I do it. Should be just over $400 when done and will give me a low speed compression circuit--allowing me to set the high speed circuit soft to soak up the sharp-edged bumps on poorly paved back roads.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
The stock 08 low speed valving is terrible.
Use the 10 rocker arm. May need to shim slightly where rocker, bolts to frame.
Need to check my notes.
Also need to trim inner plastic panel above the shock.
The stock 10 spring is a little soft for me..235lbs...250+ with full leathers.
20% on the 10 spring was perfect.
Cogent Dynamic did the work. They are good folks.
A stock 12 shock and spring are garbage.

cmg

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Ive got the ZX10 rear shock on mine, but also ZX14 swingarm. If you search for my swingarm swap thread I should have pics of it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CMG, I thought the clearance was fine without notching the tray? Are you saying it interferes and requires trimming of the tray?

Hibs, what's the advantage of the 14 arm?

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Yes Rotty, the tray will need a hole cut in it so the shock reservoir will clear.
The hole(rectangle) Will be the same size as the reservoir. This can be done very cleanly and unnoticeable once assembled.

cmg

·
Registered
3,341 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm....not a fan of hacking a hole in the under-tray. Very good chance this shock will end up back on eBay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts