Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
kawi has made a mapping system you can buy from them it comes with 7 different maps ranging from track design to what type of rider you are.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Nice! Would love to hear your impressions. I've always heard the newer Kawi's were pretty nimble. I've got an 08 YZ450, and it was a definite step up in handling from the earlier models.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I almost bought a KLX450R, but didn't because fit and finish of the bike wasn't like a WR. SO, I've got the less powerful Yamaha, but it's my 3rd WR450F, and I love it.

I would love to ride a KX or a KLX just to know what it's like. But, with the assholes in forest managment killing our riding area, I'm almost ready to give up and just stick with snowmobiles.

I would be impressed if the stock FI just picked up the difference w/ a pipe. What are you going to do, a full FMF powerbomb system ??? :D

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put a CHM P-4R full system on it. No FI issues at all. The power is very linear. It's fun as hell to wheelie. It is also very easy to ride fast, I have not had it on a MX track. I have been just riding in the woods. I hosted a TORCS race last year and was going to race in it. However, my work schedule changed and I only got to watch about 1.5 hours of racing. I plan on hosting another so I will take off work if need be to race.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts