Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I was planning on having the passenger seat cowl and a couple of the wing guides painted factory candy lime green [I got the bike w/o them so I got them from e-bay]. Since according to color rite I need both base and top coat to match the factory color, I figured it's cheaper to get only 1/2 pint of each coat [total = $173.90]. Will these be enough for the cowl and wing guides?:headscratch:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks n52, I'll probably do that! Take care and ride safe!

·
Registered
767 Posts
I once tried to have my brother match Kawi green to a 2001 Zx7r. It was close, but not perfect. He is a pretty stinking good professional painter, doing this full time for like 15 years and very good at maching colors. If you want it perfect, get the factory basecoat, candy, and topcoat. Or it would be eaiser to just buy the pieces already painted from a discount OEM seller online or something. An above average painter can get it close, but probably not perfect.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Although the shop I know does a good job [he did my 6R], I'm still having second thoughts about him matching the exact factory color :eek:hno:

I guess I don't have any choice but to have him do it and just hope it turns out perfect :artist:

I'll post some pics when completed so wish me luck guys and ride safe :thumbup:

·
Registered
767 Posts
If you are buying the paint from color-rite you should be good. I was talking about trying to color match the paint. The paint you get from Color-Rite should be the exact color. They have the actual factory recipe.

·
Registered
25,299 Posts
Hi all! I was planning on having the passenger seat cowl and a couple of the wing guides painted factory candy lime green [I got the bike w/o them so I got them from e-bay]. Since according to color rite I need both base and top coat to match the factory color, I figured it's cheaper to get only 1/2 pint of each coat [total = $173.90]. Will these be enough for the cowl and wing guides?:headscratch:
Ya know - It may be too little, too late, BUT...

On Ronayers.com Fiche Desktop Motorcycle Kawasaki 2000 ZX-12R Cowling Lowers(2/2) you can buy brand new Kawa OEM parts EXACT color matched & ready to bolt on... Just sayin'...

The rear seat cowl is $146.00 & the wings are $50.00 ea... (Again, not trying to be a smartazz, but you might not know...) :king::king:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
BUT, the factory parts will be off also.the only way for a perfect color flow is to shoot all parts at the same time.....hell all these new bikes are parts bin specials anyway......

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! GO 200, my original plan was ron ayers since I always order parts from them but I was able to get the rear seat cowl [silver] brand new and original kawi part from e-bay for just $80 shipped. The pair of used wing guides [red] I only got for $40. shipped. Now, I'm having second thoughts about the paint match, the price of the labor and paint which will probably cost the same as when I bought it from ron ayers :banghead: Should I just sell them???? :headscratch:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts