Kawasaki World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since I added some cc's it seems like my gearing is now off.
I was -1 front stk rear. Now shifting 5th right before traps, not good.
What works best with this set-up stk arm. -2 is gonna be a bitch with my stk arm.
Best to date on stk motor was
9:[email protected] best 60ft was 1:51
Well piped,lowered,airshifter,m/t mcr2 tire,billet basket,muzzy inner hub, pc3r.
:?

·
Registered
12 Posts
how much do you weigh, and what gear do you want to be in? 4th or 5th.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you want to use less gears - finish in 4th, don't go down in the front, go back to stock or go down a tooth or two in the rear. D.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If he wants to use less gears in the 1/4 he needs taller gearing. So he either needs to go up in the front or down in the rear. Going down in the front will make him use more gears in the quarter or going up in the back will make him use more gears. So, he either needs to go back to stock in the front which he will definately finish in 4th gear, or if he wants to keep the -1 in the front he needs to go smaller in the back a tooth or two. If he is just shifting into 5th at the traps and he wants to finish in 4th that would be the better route because he can make smaller changes in back then he can in front. If somebody else out there has more knowledge about gearing maybe they can help us out, but this is the way I understand it. D.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
:lol: :lol: hay ninjafreek how is your time now and what did you do to gearing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts