Kawasaki World banner
141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
If set up correctly for gear change timing in right rev range, and set up right on actual shift rod.

I've had to add an extra lock nut to the shift rod, (where it shows only one on your HM unit, towards the shaft end) as on the Healtech unit I found it would always loosen off over time. I would notice the changes becoming "clunky", then find the nut had backed off just a tiny bit. Once the extra nut was on there it sorted that.

Healtech unit works on concave washer system on the end of the unit, when shifting it puts pressure on the washer, which then "bends" and activates the unit, if that makes sense.

I went with the recommended shift timing/rev range provided on the online calculator, seems to work well.

Now all have to do is work out why shifting into 5th sometimes clunks, or misses gear altogether! Not always, but sometimes, hopefully not a shift selector. It does have undercut gears.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
HM shifter supposed to be great with factory settings. It’s the “plus”..can learn my shifting?
So, we shall see.

Pulled the calipers apart and cleaned out the old fluid. Cleaned everything up real nice. Waiting on some banjo bolts to finish.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

cmg

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Couple details.
replaced the seals. These calipers have the angle machined into the grooves. The seals are not directional.
Automotive tire Gas Auto part Nickel Machine
Font Parallel Rectangle Number Electric blue
Rectangle Parallel Font Diagram Drawing

cmg

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
So, after a lot of deliberation I’ve decided on a 17 instead of a 19mm master cylinder. It appears that a 19mm would give immediate brake power. The 17
is supposed to be less aggressive. Long story short.
The Galespeed had a ton of support out there.
so a VRE billet 17mm Elaborate. It’s said to be a great complement for the M50 calipers.
Titanium bolts and bleeder too!! Lol

cmg
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle brake Automotive lighting Wheel

·
Registered
686 Posts
Wow!
That tail end & swingarm/wheels really sharpens the look up into a modern sport bike!
Thats crazy how it looks, the design of tail section fits perfect to bike line. Dont know how it will looks with side fairings and exhaust,
but now its perfect as it is.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
So...1-10 in regards to fit. I would give it an 8. I didn’t need to trim or stretch or force. All lined up and bolted down good. It’s just not oem.
For what I am doing it is more than adequate.

cmg

Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Grille Automotive tire

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Tire Fuel tank Motor vehicle

141 - 154 of 154 Posts