Kawasaki World banner

141 - 142 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
If set up correctly for gear change timing in right rev range, and set up right on actual shift rod.

I've had to add an extra lock nut to the shift rod, (where it shows only one on your HM unit, towards the shaft end) as on the Healtech unit I found it would always loosen off over time. I would notice the changes becoming "clunky", then find the nut had backed off just a tiny bit. Once the extra nut was on there it sorted that.

Healtech unit works on concave washer system on the end of the unit, when shifting it puts pressure on the washer, which then "bends" and activates the unit, if that makes sense.

I went with the recommended shift timing/rev range provided on the online calculator, seems to work well.

Now all have to do is work out why shifting into 5th sometimes clunks, or misses gear altogether! Not always, but sometimes, hopefully not a shift selector. It does have undercut gears.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
HM shifter supposed to be great with factory settings. It’s the “plus”..can learn my shifting?
So, we shall see.

Pulled the calipers apart and cleaned out the old fluid. Cleaned everything up real nice. Waiting on some banjo bolts to finish.
4C67B76D-4134-4CB1-8A63-253A3E38DCCD.jpeg

cmg

141 - 142 of 142 Posts