Kawasaki World banner
141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
If set up correctly for gear change timing in right rev range, and set up right on actual shift rod.

I've had to add an extra lock nut to the shift rod, (where it shows only one on your HM unit, towards the shaft end) as on the Healtech unit I found it would always loosen off over time. I would notice the changes becoming "clunky", then find the nut had backed off just a tiny bit. Once the extra nut was on there it sorted that.

Healtech unit works on concave washer system on the end of the unit, when shifting it puts pressure on the washer, which then "bends" and activates the unit, if that makes sense.

I went with the recommended shift timing/rev range provided on the online calculator, seems to work well.

Now all have to do is work out why shifting into 5th sometimes clunks, or misses gear altogether! Not always, but sometimes, hopefully not a shift selector. It does have undercut gears.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
So, after a lot of deliberation I’ve decided on a 17 instead of a 19mm master cylinder. It appears that a 19mm would give immediate brake power. The 17
is supposed to be less aggressive. Long story short.
The Galespeed had a ton of support out there.
so a VRE billet 17mm Elaborate. It’s said to be a great complement for the M50 calipers.
Titanium bolts and bleeder too!! Lol

cmg
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle brake Automotive lighting Wheel

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Need a race track now !! Lol
I am waiting for a rear shock spring. The graves superbike shock link really stiffened the shock. So need to work on that to get some good sag numbers. Other than that, the 1287 sounds real strong. Can’t wait to do some laps.

Plant Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle

cmg

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Absolutely superb mate!
I've been slowly tinkering with the 12 to get it ready for the track, hopefully in late January on a 3 day track ride at Phillip Island. Nothing great, just servicing and putting oem handlebars and seat back on.

Your 1287 will be amazing on track!

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
So I thought it would be a good time to look and see what is available and secure some track time at Grattan Raceway and Gingerman Raceway.
Both tracks are awesome and about 2 hrs from me.
The 1287 Superdreadnought is ready to go.
Sportbike Track Time seems to have the corner on both tracks. The first event is at the end of April.

Sold out !

Upon further investigation ALL the A and B groups are sold out for the whole year .....
All sold out at the tracks in the other states close and far from me here in Michigan!!

SOLD OUT for the 2022 season...lol

there are novice spots open. I will call tomorrow and see what the policy is for the possibility to move up from novice if there are no shows.

sold out for 2022...funny.

would have been nice to know that earlier so I could have been ready when the schedule came out.

sheesh

cmg

141 - 160 of 173 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.