Kawasaki World banner
161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I've just come back from my pilgrimage to Phillip Island 3 day track ride. Buggered but happy,
I've seen all sorts of bikes on track and it seems if the rider can do it, then so can the bike regardless of what it is, within reason.

Think I've burnt out the stator...again...from all the high speeds/revs. Needed a push start before one session but runs well otherwise. Wondering how much of the charging/electrical system can be removed and still have the bike run on track.

Cannot wait to see how CMG's bike goes at the track!

·
Super Moderator
1,397 Posts
I've just come back from my pilgrimage to Phillip Island 3 day track ride. Buggered but happy,
I've seen all sorts of bikes on track and it seems if the rider can do it, then so can the bike regardless of what it is, within reason.

Think I've burnt out the stator...again...from all the high speeds/revs. Needed a push start before one session but runs well otherwise. Wondering how much of the charging/electrical system can be removed and still have the bike run on track.

Cannot wait to see how CMG's bike goes at the track!
Thats a bugger, how many stators is that now?
How did the H2 go? Any footage from the trip?!

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
No footage unfortunately...and probably face saving too!
I'm not a fast rider, but enjoy the track. Started off with 2.12min laps, got down to 2.05 so at least improved. Will have to try and do more days to get sub 2min laps.

I think that's about 4 stators.

12 actually ran well on track despite it's size, but did notice the front nissin radial brakes faded quickly, which they have not done before. Newish pads on them with fresh brake fluid. Will strip them down and give a good service though.

H2 went fast and well, but after 2 years since last track day and getting back to fitness it was a handful first 2 days. Got better though.

Henry, when do you go to the track?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Track riding is a ton of fun. Bought myself a 2008 Honda CBR1000 for "crashday" use back in November of 2020. I am in no way setting the world on fire with my lap times, nor am I trying to, it's just a fun way of spending time with friends.. I did three trackday weekends last summer and have booked the same number of weekends for season 2022....
I have done a track day with my ZX12R a few years back but that track was more suited for mo(re)tards and gocarts... I have since upgraded my ZX12R so it will most likelly do quite well at the track, thing is, I just don't wan't to risk crashing it, reason is I have put so much time/money into it....

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Helmet Sports gear Motorcycle helmet

/Tom 🤘

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Track riding is a ton of fun. Bought myself a 2008 Honda CBR1000 for "crashday" use back in November of 2020. I am in no way setting the world on fire with my lap times, nor am I trying to, it's just a fun way of spending time with friends.. I did three trackday weekends last summer and have booked the same number of weekends for season 2022....
I have done a track day with my ZX12R a few years back but that track was more suited for mo(re)tards and gocarts... I have since upgraded my ZX12R so it will most likelly do quite well at the track, thing is, I just don't wan't to risk crashing it, reason is I have put so much time/money into it....

View attachment 17557

View attachment 17558

/Tom 🤘
Your Honda has to be light on its toes ! Real nice

cmg

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
No footage unfortunately...and probably face saving too!
I'm not a fast rider, but enjoy the track. Started off with 2.12min laps, got down to 2.05 so at least improved. Will have to try and do more days to get sub 2min laps.

I think that's about 4 stators.

12 actually ran well on track despite it's size, but did notice the front nissin radial brakes faded quickly, which they have not done before. Newish pads on them with fresh brake fluid. Will strip them down and give a good service though.

H2 went fast and well, but after 2 years since last track day and getting back to fitness it was a handful first 2 days. Got better though.

Henry, when do you go to the track?
Going April 30-May 1 can’t wait. Been awhile. 😰

cmg

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Mefirst, good move to get a lighter bike like the Honda. My son has a 2015 R1 as a second bike (first being 2015 KTM Superduke R 1290), I would love to take the R1 on track at Phillip Island, I've ridden his previous 2006 CBR1000RR on track and it was fantastic! My 12 has had a lot of money put into the engine, and although it's still road registered I mainly use the H2 now, so the track at least gets the bike used as much as possible, just heavy!

cmg, what's the weight of the 12 now?

161 - 173 of 173 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.