Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am new to the site but already its been a great help, thanks

I want to upgrade my front brake to brembo callipers and radial brembo master cylinder as from the threads here that seems best option picking up second hand parts. Qu.... do any of the brembo callipers fit without an adapter plate? were to get said plates in the UK? Will all radial brembo levers work ok or are there compatibility issues? Finally can i use my old discs, they are a bit hanging, so if i change them any advice on what make to go for.... Many thanks

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Most of us seem to go with radial calipers so you'll need an adaptor if you're not already running radials unless you just punt for 4 pots off say a Bandit, but then you're going for pretty old kit. I've got R1 brakes on mine and she's been tops since :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks. Any make of radial in particular rated? were do u get your adapter plates from?

Thanks, bit scary at present coming down from high speeds. The discs are quite worn any disc advice, im into flash looking kit just best for purpose.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also quite a few brembo calipers off ducati 999 's. they seem to be be 6.5 centre to centre is this a standard for bike, then the adapter plate aligns it to the disc?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts