Kawasaki World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running 17/46 and have received a 49 tooth rear sprocket in a batch of parts i purchased. It is a cat5 vortex sprocket and is pretty cool looking, I am thinking about installing it but am looking for input on how that gearing will change the riding characteristics of the bike and also will it put any unnecessary wear on motor or chain. Swingarm is stock.
I don't track anymore mostly ride country roads and hwys. Will I be fighting to keep the front tire down and rpms at hwy speed be too high ? Any input would be appreciated thanks.

Registered
It will increase acceleration decrease top speed, revs at relative speed will be higher so will drink more juice, I ran 17/48 for a while it was a wild ride 馃榿 had no problems what so ever should be able to use the 116 chain length aswell... If your curious fit it and enjoy is my take on it 馃憤馃徎

Registered
Oh and you should have a speed healer, I'm assuming you have one as your out of stock. You will be traveling slower than what your speedo reads

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I have a speedo healer on the way , just ordered it. By "wild ride" do you mean spinning tire and wheelie machine kinda wild ?

Registered
Oh and you should have a speed healer, I'm assuming you have one as your out of stock. You will be traveling slower than what your speedo reads
I have a speedo healer on the way , just ordered it. By "wild ride" do you mean spinning tire and wheelie machine kinda wild ?
No just noticeably more acceleration than the stock 18/46

Super Moderator
I tried 17/48 gearing and the stock length chain was basically at its limit.. Not sure if you'd get it to fit ok with the 17/49

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
thanks Steve, I guess I will put in on and see what happens I appreciate your feedback. The members and admin. on this site are awesome

Registered
I had that gearing with a 6" over arm and it was good on the dragstrip.

That gearing with a stock wheelbase? Front tire wear should be minimal.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
fyi a stock chain will not work with 17/49 gearing oh well don't get to use the shiny new sprocket........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts