Kawasaki World banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fitted a 17t to my 12, and when riding next to a friend on the highway my speedo shows exactyly what his does. His is a 05 Gixxer 1000. His speedo is digital, and riding next to him, in all gears up to 100 mph the speedos read exactly the same. Could it be that my speedo is now more accurate with the 17t?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Not likely, unless for some reason your speedometer was slow before. The 17 toother will make your speedo read about 6% higher than normal. Most 12 speedos are already reading 3-5% faster than the true speed. A more likely scenario is the Suzuki speedometer was already 10% optimistic.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Not likely, unless for some reason your speedometer was slow before. The 17 toother will make your speedo read about 6% higher than normal. Most 12 speedos are already reading 3-5% faster than the true speed. A more likely scenario is the Suzuki speedometer was already 10% optimistic.

Agreed. After I put my 17t on I bought a Speedohealer and GPS Calibrated mine. Most accurate way to go.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Yes the odometer will roll up miles faster. Lets say you travel 80 miles actual distance, the odometer will show that you went 100.. Put a speedohealer or a yellow box inline to recalibrate it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yes the odometer will roll up miles faster. Lets say you travel 80 miles actual distance, the odometer will show that you went 100.. Put a speedohealer or a yellow box inline to recalibrate it.
anyone in uk know where i can get one?. ta

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Yes cut 1 wire from the speed sensor, splice in and then connect power and ground. I have mine mounted above the headlight and tapped power from the city light..

·
Registered
25,373 Posts
cheers, r they as easy to fit as it says?.
Yes, like ZXLNT says, it's an easy installation, but the adjustment is a bit of a fiddle... The good part is that it's kinda fun!! :crazyloco::crazyloco:

Just make sure that you mount the YelloBox in a spot where you can easily get to it, & from there it's just some test riding with a GPS!! You can get a starting point for the dipswitch settings from someone on here who has the same set-up as you... :thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts