Kawasaki World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a standard-looking black tire huger (it came with the bike). I usually get the 190/50, but I saw some tire deals online for a 190/55 and am wondering if the 55 factor might be too close to the huger.

Any opinions/experience?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Impossible to say if it will rub or not. Too many variables. Every hugger is a little different.

I run a 190/55 with mine and it has plenty of clearance. I don't know who made the hugger.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what are these deals you speak of?
I came across these:

CycleSector.com

Although I'll probably get the 0016 after all for slightly longer wear

BRIDGESTONE BT-016 SET

I don't know who made the hugger. But it looks like there should be enough space. I posted merely to find out if anybody has experienced similar clearance issue.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I came across these:

CycleSector.com

Although I'll probably get the 0016 after all for slightly longer wear

BRIDGESTONE BT-016 SET

I don't know who made the hugger. But it looks like there should be enough space. I posted merely to find out if anybody has experienced similar clearance issue.
I'm currently running an 016 front and an 021 (their dual-compound sport-touring tire) on the rear in a 180. I've not run this combo before, but so far so good. Cheaper than the PP front and Pilot Road 2 rear combo I ran previously. We'll see how long these last. Plenty of grip so far, but I have only had them in the mountains a couple of times since mounting. My buddy has run a number of the 021 rears on his Blackbird and they last long and give great grip for the mountain twisties we hit.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just went from a 190/50 to a 190/55 and it is way taller. Mass rubbing of my pyramid hugger - no wheel rotation at all.
I had to put a longer bolt in the right side where the hugger attaches to the swingarm, with 3 nuts underneath the hugger to shim it up to give clearance.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a standard-looking black tire huger (it came with the bike). I usually get the 190/50, but I saw some tire deals online for a 190/55 and am wondering if the 55 factor might be too close to the huger.

Any opinions/experience?

Thanks.
Seasons Greetings !

I had a 190 55 17 on my ZX12 with a rear hugger. but it wore the end of the hugger and spoilt it I sanded it and repainted it when I put the 200 back on......it was a nasty look...but I would add the bike did handle better turned in quicker with the 190 55 tyre

Dave

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Seasons Greetings !

I had a 190 55 17 on my ZX12 with a rear hugger. but it wore the end of the hugger and spoilt it I sanded it and repainted it when I put the 200 back on......it was a nasty look...but I would add the bike did handle better turned in quicker with the 190 55 tyre

Dave
That's good info to know. Cheers.

Zumina, the BT002 is I read similar to the 2CT: street-legal track tire and super sticky. They wear as fast or a little faster than the 2CT. Most people who've tried both prefer them over the 2CT for having a better design for maximum lean. They describe approaching the maximum lean on the 2CT as something you almost have to fight to get to once you get very close to it, whereas the 002s takes you there almost on its own.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts