Kawasaki World banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
1974 z1a 1970 h1

Thanks for posting a link to my ad.. I also have an early H1 ...and a 1973 S1 250... and a 1979 KZ1300.. all available for sale
I have rode many triples... and the Z1 has been my daily rider for the past couple of years...
The Kawasaki triples are a well deserved moment in motorcycling history, they are unique and will never be able to be reproduced... the moan of the Kaw., waiting for the powerband and unpredictable delivery of instant horsepower is unlike any other motorcycle that was or is mass produced..
The DOHC power of the early Z1s can still be felt in all of Kawasakis large displacement bikes.. it has a confident amount of horsepower and torque throughout all its RPMs....
BUT if I were to pick a favorite, it is definitely the H1, with its deceiving looks,( most people in 1969 have only seen the Harley 45 flathead, an eastern block or a Villiers 2 stroke with fins on the cylinder heads) and sure ability to put a terrified smile on your face... I recall reading somewhere, other riders back in the day were not so much scared of racing the MachIII bikes,.... as they feared racing the lunatics who rode them.....

·
Registered
18,610 Posts
Has to be the stroker!
I had well over 60+ triples over the years including the first denco H2C in the UK. Suspect i had the fastest H2 and S1 in the UK back then. H2 gave 11 mpg when it's neck was rung!!
Last project i did a few years ago was fit a H2 motor into a S2 frame! tight but fitted! Sold it to a gentleman in Birmingham AL
Wouldn't mind having another triple one alongside my CBR9 in my workshop! aaah! those were the days. I can still smell the Castrol RRRR!!

Regards Y'all

Ted
Do you got any pics of this monster (H2 in an S2), BAMTed? :thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had them both, as a kid and now have KZ 900 ... seems to me, based on my memory, the Mach III was a rocket, but that may have been relative the my experience with previous bikes ... we did drag race it and blew away a lot of the muscle cars of the era.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts