Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,312 Posts
Bullshit I say! a 93 Zed11 didn't have a tranny!!!!!!!:runaway::runaway:

Oh, sorry bigwillie, seems to be the thing to do 'round here today.
Plenty of 11 guys here to answer your questions:thumbup:

Oh, and :welcome: to KAWASAKI WORLD!!!!!!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
If it's a c model, '90-'39 should work. D models were a little different so I don't know what parts interchange. What's it doing, popping out of second?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it was jerking in second for a couple days I now have the engine out and it has a broken shift fork and 2 busted gears(2nd gear set naturally). I priced getting the local Kawasaki dealer to fix it and was told at least 1000 to maybe 1500 bucks to fix. I think I can do the work just wondering if there was another tranny assembly that might drop in. I see the 1000 and 900 z Trannies on ebay sometimes just did not know what years might fit mine. I do have the D model.

·
Registered
3 Posts
All zx11, zrx's(1100/1200) and zzr1200 use the same shift forks. It's been awhile since I had a 88'-90' zx10 apart but belive they use the same ones as well.
Transmissions- All "D" model transmissions will be a direct swap for your "D" model. Zx11 "C" models have a shorter output shaft and would require use of a "C" model countershaft sprocket(cone shaped vs flat on the "D" model) in a "D" bike. A 88'-90' zx10 will work as well but will also require a zx1 "C" model countershaft sprocket for prpoper chain alignment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK I got a mind blowing deal. A friend of mine who knows everybody around the Gastonia NC area has a friend who had a complete tranny including the shift forks. I let him put it in and everything for 370.00 bucks and he let me hang out at his shop all day and watch them work on some killer bikes. Well anyways I am VERY VERY happy right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts