Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. My left hand side rear view mirror is making a rattle noise. Its coming from behind the mirror/glass inside somewhere. Never been dropped or wrecked or anything. It just started rattling inside ever time I hit a bump. Really sounds like crap. Anyone had this problem???? Is this something that the warranty will cover?

2. Is is possible to be beat by a GSXR 600 (bone stock) in the 1/4 mile? I have only had my 12 for a little over a week and I am decent in streight lines. My buddy who has been riding for years doesnt think my 12 is much faster than another buddies 600 or his formere R-6. He thinks his driving skills can make up the "small" difference in power and speed. I told him that he was nutts and I have riddin both bike and there is NO way!!!!! He has not rode my or any ZX-12 that I know of and has owned several 600s and R-6's in the past. He has also never rode with me or me with him.

Question is: how bad would I have to totally blow it and screw up for this 600 to beat me? IMHO I could baby it in 1st and 2nd and still beat him in the 1/4 and for sure in the 1/2 mile. He wants to race on the street but I dont think I will. I plan on taking him to the track (1/4) and ripping him a new one. I almost hesitated to post this. I could see a gixxer 1000 or an R-1 beating me with a better driver but not a 600. No way.

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
BAD.... Let him take off and run him down from behind... I do that to my buddys 929 and another buddys ZX9.... Piss's them off...... Just my opinion... I have chased down many bikes from behind no bigger thrill than ripping by..... And thats without the nitrous... I am not saying I am fast by no means I am a rider between 270 to 280 range... And have never had anything pull away from me yet.... First thing that starts to pull on me will get to see the nitrous... And if that doesn't work I will scream.... F_CK...
Also did that with another buddy 600 just for kicks... It was his idea..

Also bet him dinner on it.... May as well have a free lunch...

G

·
0 Posts
Caka. Is it possible that maybe a tree branch bud, or a larger insect might have gotten caught in there? I don't think it is possible to disasemble that part of the mirror. Try maybe blowing some compressed air in behind there, and see if you can't get it out. And are you possitive that the noise is comming from behind the mirror?

G

·
0 Posts
question

When I first got my 12 and was familiarizing myself with it, one of the dudes I ride with on a stock GSXR 600 took me in a quarter... I was devastated...you need more ride time...it will never happen again. Once I got a good launch technique, it wasnt even close. After I dropped to 17t it is downright laughable.

I dusted a GSXR 1K this afternoon as a matter of fact. Boy was he pissed. As long as you have broken your bike in properly, dont be afraid to run it at 7-11k rpms....nothing stock will keep up with you...no much modded will for that matter either.

Doctor Green

·
Registered
594 Posts
I had that noise in one of mirrors screw came out inside I found it when I broke the mirror, try to adjust the mirror all the way to one side that allows the biggest space between the mirror and the plastic and shake it out.
Richard I bet I can pull away on ya and I'll give you the hit first hahaha.

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Richard I bet I can pull away on ya and I'll give you the hit first hahaha.
I need a second hit too....

I'm know better..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Caka said:
1. My left hand side rear view mirror is making a rattle noise. Its coming from behind the mirror/glass inside somewhere. Never been dropped or wrecked or anything. It just started rattling inside ever time I hit a bump. Really sounds like crap. Anyone had this problem???? Is this something that the warranty will cover?
It's a well known problem. I've had it too. One of the weights that keeps the mirror from vibrating has come loose. Warranty will cover it. At least it did for me :)

·
Registered
690 Posts
600's

Do not let 600 boy ride your 12,he might wring it out like his bike and flip it for you.
You must really be babying your 12 for a 600 to beat you.Wait until your comfy with the 12,you won't beleive it.And nobody will ride with ya anymore.

Jeff

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
You better pull 2 plug wires to at least make it a halfway fair fight... :lol:

Tell your 600 buddy not to bring a pea-shooter to a gunfight.

·
Registered
690 Posts

Sure it's possible for a skilled rider on a 600 to beat a more powerful bike with a less experienced rider. I used to kill the sportbikes around here in the twisties with my 'ol FJ1200.Man,was that handful sometimes!Hell,even in a straight line,most 600's did'nt get me til I topped out around 140.

Jeff

·
Registered
282 Posts
I don't care how skilled he is. Their is no replacement for displacement. My 12 is my first bike and when I ride with guys with 1000's and 750's they hate it. I stay in the rear and when we come to a point where we can stretch them out they all look in the mirrors because they know I am coming , and coming fast. I blow by them so fast they think their bike has shut down. So don't worry at all.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
The lead weight in the mirror has come off. It's just glued inside the mirror. Pull on the mirror glass straight out, it will pop out. Then just glue the weight back in and pop the glass back in. Very easy to fix.

·
Registered
9,974 Posts
I took off all the emblems on my bike. Now when someone wants
to run and they ask me how big my bike is, I tell them 600.

Well, 600 on one side and 600 on the other side!!!!

If you can't beat a 600 with your 12, do this...go into the bathroom,
look in the mirror, and start slapping what you see!!!! :lol: :lol:

Even with just an easy roll on you can beat a 600....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK, here is the deal. I could not get the mirror off by pulling it so I adjusted it as far as possible abd shined a flash light in there. Found the loose magnet laying at the bottom. Fished it out with a close hanger and all is well. :) Do I need to reattatch the magnet for any reason???? I cant see what it does or even where it would go back on. If I leave this off will it be ok????? THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
I suspect it's a weight like ZXLNT specified. It's probably acts as a dampener of sort to keep the mirror from excessive vibration at certain speeds or engine rpms. In other words, it's mass alters the natural frequency of the mirror to help eliminate resonance in the frequency range achievable by the 12's configuration.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts