Kawasaki World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one of these to sell? I need one. A new one would be super fantastic, but probably impossible. Anyone?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CMG,

Thank you for the pics. I believe that is a bit rougher than what I am looking for, thank you again.

No, I haven't considered it. I suppose the Rev limiter would be the best part if that. Are there other benefits?

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
CMG,

Thank you for the pics. I believe that is a bit rougher than what I am looking for, thank you again.

No, I haven't considered it. I suppose the Rev limiter would be the best part if that. Are there other benefits?
Scott can add timing where you want it. If you use a muzzys timing rotor then you advance the timing everywhere. You only need alittle more timing mid-top end. He can do this. Raise the rev limit too. You should at least check into it.
He doesn’t cut anything either. It’s a true flash.
I believe he is the only one doing the 2000 A1.

cmg

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info, might check into that.

Thought about getting the Ignition Module from Dynojet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anyone tell me how much of a difference this makes on a stock bike with full exhaust, k&n filter and a PCV?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Dimm,
Are you having a problem? If you're not then it's probably not worth installing one. It can help with low speed throttle response and roll-on response issues, it did on my bike with similar mods. Don't expect a power gain that can be felt. It's a set advance across the whole rev range. Dave Potter had a thread on here outlining how to modify the stock ignition timing by moving the tick mark sensor. I think it would give about 4 degrees of advance. I have my Muzzy advancer set at about 3.5 degrees because of a post on here at the time that said dyno testing showed power tailing off at high RPMs with an advance of 4 or more degrees. I have BMC race filters, a PCIII USB and run the Dynojet map for a Yoshimura full system. The only change to the map is +2 fuel #2 cylinder because the header was glowing sooner at idle than the other three, before the fans turn on. Never have seen the need to have a dyno tune since it runs so well. The exhaust is always a nice shade of brown no matter how I ride it. I can run it at 25 mph in 6th and it pulls cleanly when I roll it on. I'm the original owner, it's a 2003, did all this in 2006.

Reactions: Dave Smith
1 - 13 of 13 Posts