Kawasaki World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if a STOCK BORE 2000 12R has ever broke the 200mph mark? It does not have to be stock, but it also does HAVE to be 1199ccs. and can have any Bolton mod.

Any documentation on this? I thought it would be possible, but some nay sayers beg to differ. I personally hit 220mph on my speedonmeter, but it is geared down to a 17th in front, Brocks full exhaust, K & N's, and PCIII w/ Brocks map.

I know my speedometer is off but don't know by how much. I was at 11,000rpm's in 6th.

Any body know this answer? How fast is a 12R with 17/46 gearing that can pull till redline?.

·
Registered
480 Posts
YES! Many times in fact.... Dan Millholland's A1 went 202 mph more than one time with stock bore....

As far as your speedo reading 220 mph take that with a grain of salt because you weren't going that fast not even close. To get a stock bore 12R to or past the 200 mph mark it has to be in absolute PERFECT condition and a 17 front sprocket will definitely stop it from ever seeing 200 mph. There's a gearing calculator on the web that will show you exactly what your speed should be for a given set of sprockets, tire roll out, RPM, etc... Gearing Commander: Motorcycle Speed, RPM, Chain & Sprockets Calculator.... Here ya go... Hope this helps..

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
17/46 will yield 183-185mph on a stock profile tire, with stock rev limit.

Wow, 7 years ago...time flies. If you are going to use Gearing Commander, measure your tire. That can have a huge impact on overall gearing. You can also enter 11600 as your max capable rpm. Then subtract 3% from the theoretical speed (for slip). If you were showing 11k in 6th, you were only at about 10500 actual. Your actual speed was perhaps 170 mph.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I ran my road bike,a B model on that gearing and also put it through the timing lights over a mile plus distance a few times.Top speed was around 175mph depending on which size tyre was being used.
Same bike did 202 with different gearing in good conditions at Woodbridge.

Ken, what mods & approx what HP does that bike put out?

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
203.649. all stock motor, just bolt on parts. the redsled. got me my white hat

·
Registered
324 Posts
I hope I can get a 200 mph hat this year. But yes a stock engine 2000 zx12r will hit 200 mph. It takes some crafty bolt ons. The Redsled was on a downloaded map. It also has a yosh duplex race exhaust. 190-55 tire and -1 in the back and about a 50/50 mix of mr12 and some 87 octane pump gas and it went over 203 mph. I think stock they are geared for 196.
The nay sayers most likely ride busas. I can understand why the would be a little pissy. The mags have been telling them the busa was the fastest bike for years and then they get there ass left by a 12r. Put the right stuff on your 12r and they wont be saying nay the will be saying WTF. Redsled. Happy New Year.

·
Registered
18,626 Posts
The nay sayers most likely ride busas. I can understand why the would be a little pissy. The mags have been telling them the busa was the fastest bike for years and then they get there ass left by a 12r. Put the right stuff on your 12r and they wont be saying nay the will be saying WTF. Redsled. Happy New Year.
Fact.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ken, what mods & approx what HP does that bike put out?
Ti force system,BMC race filters PC111r set up correctly on the dyno gives around 178 to 184bhp Din and a lot of other lightening including carbon Dymag wheels Kevlar tank Ti spindle and fixings and Ohlins all round which is also lighter than stock......and most important a 5' 6" 150lb jockey and a 10mph tailwind :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts