Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else every put a 2000 zx12 usb pc111 on a 2005 zx12? I've had one on my 2005 and it seems to work fine. Dynojet told me the pc's were different. Different maps, different connectors. I have seen where the maps are different. Example.. you cant load a 2005 map on a 2000 and vice versa. I don't see where the connectors are suppose to be different. Anyone else every tried this? I have a reflashed ecu and I'm trying to use the 2000 pc because the fuel table reads up to 13,000 while the 2005 pc fuel table stops at 11,500. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
i dont see how it couldnt be made to work even if its not plug n play. guys were sticking gsxr pc 5s on 12s awhile back

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont see how it couldnt be made to work even if its not plug n play. guys were sticking gsxr pc 5s on 12s awhile back
I agree. Still don't understand why I was told that the connectors are different when they plug right in.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very good idea , I have rev extend on mine and can't tune above 11500 ..
Are you saying you have done this mod ??
Yes I have this mod. Just got my ecu back yesterday. Plan on going to the dyno when my bigger injectors get here.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If so then maybe the PC V might work on the 05's ??
Maybe so. Just don't know why 2 different sources, (1 dynojet, 2 a member on this board) would tell me the connectors are different on the pc111 (2000, 2005) when I clearly have a 2000 pc111 on my 2005. Maybe I'm just lucky and I have a special pc111 that works on all zx12s.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i had this issue with my pc3 on my 03 reg,it wasnt the connecters they were fine,i just had issues downloading maps and putting them on my unit.in the end all i could have done was a custom map,

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
killa, if you want to send me your map files, i may be able to put the 13000 rpm setting into the 05 map. i had a few different files here and 1 was up to 13 or 13,5, copied existing files into the table to get more cells. we have an extended ecu on the redsled.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
killa, if you want to send me your map files, i may be able to put the 13000 rpm setting into the 05 map. i had a few different files here and 1 was up to 13 or 13,5, copied existing files into the table to get more cells. we have an extended ecu on the redsled.
I'm sure I'm going to have to do some type of custom mapping once I put the bigger injectors in. BTW how good are the stock 2005 fuel pumps? How much HP will it support?

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
i heard the later model pump is a little better, but i think the return style system on the early bikes is better. when the black turbo bike was a 1287 with a dry shot we were running stock pump, injectors and fuel pressure. im sure it was on the ragged edge of the pump lol.
we put a 190lph mustang pump in the red bike.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i heard the later model pump is a little better, but i think the return style system on the early bikes is better. when the black turbo bike was a 1287 with a dry shot we were running stock pump, injectors and fuel pressure. im sure it was on the ragged edge of the pump lol.
we put a 190lph mustang pump in the red bike.
I have a bigger fuel pump from my 2000 (walbro gss307) just wondering if it will work on the 05. Plan on putting on a big dry shot.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
if i were you, i would set it up with the 00/01 rail and fpr. im sure you can get the pump sorted out inside the tank to make a return style system

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Maybe so. Just don't know why 2 different sources, (1 dynojet, 2 a member on this board) would tell me the connectors are different on the pc111 (2000, 2005) when I clearly have a 2000 pc111 on my 2005. Maybe I'm just lucky and I have a special pc111 that works on all zx12s.
Maybe you just talked to a rep at DJ that don't know shit ? and someone on this forum ? .
PS just trying to help ..:thumbup:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Won't work.. The biggest reason is the 2000 thru 2003 model 12R uses a 16 Bit ECU. In 2004 Kawasaki switched to a 32 bit ECU. Everything about the ECU is different. Different sample rates etc. I think the person you spoke with a Dyno Jet gave you the layman term for why it won't just swap over to avoid going into detailed explanation. That's if the guy even knows the ins and outs of the different model 12Rs. Keep in mind the 12R was never a popular model in the grand scheme of motorcycling. And by 05 and the end of US production the aftermarket has totally stopped developing parts for the thing. I'm surprised they even made a power commander for the 04/05 models to be honest. My dealer had a left over 04 model on his floor until the end of 06. They only got 1 05 model and it sold before the 04 because it was black and no other reason. The ECU itself has different connectors but the power commander doesn't plug into the ECU itself as we all know. I have both an 05 and 00 wiring harness that I just checked and yes the connectors are different well at least one of the three is different that's located on the back side of the battery box where the power commander hooks up. But that's not even close to the real problem of making this work. It's like plugging yesterday into tomorrow it simply won't work. If the ECU were still 16 bit I would be saying yea just re pin the connectors and let her rip. But it's not that simple in this case. Why do you want to do this anyway?

·
Registered
480 Posts
if i were you, i would set it up with the 00/01 rail and fpr. im sure you can get the pump sorted out inside the tank to make a return style system
Simple modification. Put the return into the pump base plate. Buy a weld on steel AN male connector and TIG it onto the plate. Use a piece of steel tubing on the inside to direct the flow away for the suction area of the pump to avoid air bubbles getting sucked up into the pump and causing you nightmares. I know this works since I've done it already. I'm also the only one that makes a -6 fuel rail for the 12R that's a supply and return rail. -6 from the tank to the rail and -6 back to the tank, -6 from end to end of the rail. We could speak volumes about volume and fluid flow.. LOL

·
Registered
364 Posts
Simple modification. Put the return into the pump base plate. Buy a weld on steel AN male connector and TIG it onto the plate. Use a piece of steel tubing on the inside to direct the flow away for the suction area of the pump to avoid air bubbles getting sucked up into the pump and causing you nightmares. I know this works since I've done it already. I'm also the only one that makes a -6 fuel rail for the 12R that's a supply and return rail. -6 from the tank to the rail and -6 back to the tank, -6 from end to end of the rail. We could speak volumes about volume and fluid flow.. LOL
What do you charge for your fuel rails?

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
its pretty easy to modify the stock rail for big flow with -6 fittings. you need a drill bit and a tig. I know Doug Rays turbo 12 had this with 560+hp

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Won't work.. The biggest reason is the 2000 thru 2003 model 12R uses a 16 Bit ECU. In 2004 Kawasaki switched to a 32 bit ECU. Everything about the ECU is different. Different sample rates etc. Why do you want to do this anyway?

The 05 pc111 fuel table stops at 11,500. The 00 pc111 fuel table stops at 13,000. I have a extended 05 ecu and would like to be able to tune the bike as far as possible. I have had the 00 pc111 hooked up to the 05 bike so I can say I have concrete proof that the connectors are the same as far as hooking up the pc111. I have even went as far as to load different maps (ex. 1270 map, stock with muzzy pipe etc...) and I can see the difference in what each map is doing. So I know the 05 ecu is communicating with the 00 pc111. Two weeks ago with the 00 pc111 hooked up, we raced a 2006 gsxr 1k and won by 2 bikes. I would think to some degree it works. I'm just looking for someone that has tried to do this and has some evidence of why it won't work.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts