Kawasaki World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the cracked Tank Reservoir issue twice on my bike. The original owner had the recall performed and Kawasaki will not redo the recall so I replaced the tank 2 years ago. Now I have the same issue with this tank.

I was thinking about utilizing the 2002 ZX12 Tank, but I noticed the 2002 Tank has a Breather Hose and a Return Hose, can I still utilize this tank. I was told that it would work, if anyone knows, let me know.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I've had the cracked Tank Reservoir issue twice on my bike. The original owner had the recall performed and Kawasaki will not redo the recall so I replaced the tank 2 years ago. Now I have the same issue with this tank.

I was thinking about utilizing the 2002 ZX12 Tank, but I noticed the 2002 Tank has a Breather Hose and a Return Hose, can I still utilize this tank. I was told that it would work, if anyone knows, let me know.
Both hoses connect to a small cylinder and from there, there is only one hose coming out.
The 2000-2001 has only one (on left side) and the 2002-2005 has 2 (one on each side). On the 2002-2005 models, both hoses connect to a small plastic cylinder out of which there is ONLY ONE hose coming out...
I don't see why 2002-2005 tanks SHOULD work on the 2000-2001 models.

Come and get the tank - and if it doesn't work I'll give you your money back!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts