Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a 2000 zx12 with a mrturbo kit. it has an mtc lockup clutch. heavy duty muzzy racing clutch and springs.adjustable cam sprockets. shorty shifter race levers. muzzy racing fans. muzzys racing oil pan. new candy apple red paint job. lightweight aluminum swingarm. the bike is in mint condition except for the pistons are bad and it needs new connecting rods. i was told due to a malfunction in my turbo guage..(wasnt calibrated right) so the boost was up too high and fried the pistons.the bike is designed to run with the stock motor and pistons up to 8 psi since the guage failed it was over 11 psi which is what did it. the motor is apart right now at the shop and the mechanic tore down the motor and the head is fine. the only thing it needs is new pistons and rods. i am selling it because i am putting money down on a house and cant do both. standard pistons will run about 250 dollars.stock rods are about 250 dollars if you plan on running it above 8psi for racing or just being crazy then the. mr turbo piston kit is 600 dollars. if you plan on turning up the boost past 8 psi to try to fly lol then upgraded rods are recommended. at 8 psi youre at 300hp. who decides to buy the bike will have a bad ass bike for minimum investment.!! puts out 300 plus hp!! any questions let me know. clean title bike was never wrecked put down tipped over or raced at the track. it was my everyday driver. easily can go 160 miles on 1 tank of gas depending on how fast you want to get there. going 90 in 6th gear with an occasional crack off got me those numbers. thats everything about the bike and some info for people that are interested. :thumbup:. also has a custom underatail and corbin seat and grips. the pic doesnt show the undertail.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a 2000 zx12 with a mrturbo kit. it has an mtc lockup clutch. heavy duty muzzy racing clutch and springs.adjustable cam sprockets. shorty shifter race levers. muzzy racing fans. muzzys racing oil pan. new candy apple red paint job. lightweight aluminum swingarm. the bike is in mint condition except for the pistons are bad and it needs new connecting rods. i was told due to a malfunction in my turbo guage..(wasnt calibrated right) so the boost was up too high and fried the pistons.the bike is designed to run with the stock motor and pistons up to 8 psi since the guage failed it was over 11 psi which is what did it. the motor is apart right now at the shop and the mechanic tore down the motor and the head is fine. the only thing it needs is new pistons and rods. i am selling it because i am putting money down on a house and cant do both. standard pistons will run about 250 dollars.stock rods are about 250 dollars if you plan on running it above 8psi for racing or just being crazy then the. mr turbo piston kit is 600 dollars. if you plan on turning up the boost past 8 psi to try to fly lol then upgraded rods are recommended. at 8 psi youre at 300hp. who decides to buy the bike will have a bad ass bike for minimum investment.!! puts out 300 plus hp!! any questions let me know. clean title bike was never wrecked put down tipped over or raced at the track. it was my everyday driver. easily can go 160 miles on 1 tank of gas depending on how fast you want to get there. going 90 in 6th gear with an occasional crack off got me those numbers. thats everything about the bike and some info for people that are interested. :thumbup:. also has a custom underatail and corbin seat and grips. the pic doesnt show the undertail.
asking 6000 how it sits with bad pistons. the rest of the motor is good also i have new rods now. p m me with offers or questions.

·
Registered
751 Posts
ohh my bad....sorry!

I didn't read your whole description, just seen the bike for sale on racingjunk, and I belive its for sale on psychobike as well.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
stock rods are good for way more than 8 psi lol, ive put 27 to a set with a T60-1, and 20 to a set with a T61, which was making more power at 20 than the smaller turbo at 27

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stock rods are good for way more than 8 psi lol, ive put 27 to a set with a T60-1, and 20 to a set with a T61, which was making more power at 20 than the smaller turbo at 27
Im just goin by what my mechanic told me according to his 20 years of drag racing i didnt question him. Also from what terry at mr turbo said as well. Im no drag race builder i just ride them!!!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
talk to Muzzys, stock are good for over 500 hp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts