Kawasaki World banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just rebuilt the starter on my bike, now the motor will turn over. But still does not start though will run fine if it is push started seems rather odd.

Also has toggle ran to the fans and still gets hot in traffic cools right down when going down the road also seemed rather odd to me any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
It could be a weak battery. When you press the starter button and the engine turns over it could be pulling the battery voltage down low enough for there not to be enough voltage for the ignition system to work. This is why when you bump it, the battery voltage is probably high enough to run the ignition system. Voltage check while starting to confirm, at a guess, if the voltage drops below 10 volts the ignition system might not work.
They do run hot in slow traffic, just toggle your fan on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a fan switch hooked up if I leave it on and it sits and idles it gets to hot. Thought maybe radiator needed cleaned out somehow

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
It could be that your radiator fins are blocked up and the fan is not pulling enough air through, these bikes do get hot quickly if you're troubled by it may be a new radiator is in order.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Bike looks great.
Use a 1.6 rad cap. It helps.
starting issue is strange.
If you turn the key on and red start button on, then jump the starter, will it start?

cmg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It could be that your radiator fins are blocked up and the fan is not pulling enough air through, these bikes do get hot quickly if you're troubled by it may be a new radiator is in order.
Thank you I will try that and see how it goes!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will try jumping it and let u know how that goes I'm gonna put the battery charger on as well iv heard alot about low batterys making it do wierd things. U guys think that cleaner for ac unit coils would help out the radiator I noticed the cover isnt on behind the front tire between the 2 side fairings and had quite a bit of bugs on the radiator I tryed sprayin it out

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Be gentle when washing out, as jet blasting it will bend the small thin cooling fins blocking it up even more.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
pull the stat and leave it out, or replace with new
is the starter turning the motor over, or just spinning its self? (starter clutch slipping)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea the motor is spinning I think I may just need to do plugs and stuff cuz it trys to fire up. Been thinking about wrapping the headers thinking that may help cool the radiator down them pipes are awful close to the radiator

1 - 11 of 11 Posts