Kawasaki World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine has had the bike since 2000 ended up laying it down fixed it up and lost interest. Sat in his backyard for years never started. Long story short he gave it to me I got it running on the 5 year old gas then drained it out cleaned the fuel pump changed the coils plugs and battery now it won’t start. Any guesses what it could be fuel pump primes and it’s getting spark but won’t fire on starter fluid

·
Registered
327 Posts
5 years of sitting in the weather could be anything. How are the air cleaners, the fuel injectors? Also, I am sure that 5 year old gas clogged all the injectors and the fuel pump is probably shot. Have any pics?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ran for maybe 2 min total on and off no throttle what so ever then cleaned everytnjng off pump primes strong but it won’t fire on tar starter fluid

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Do you get the tat tat tat tat ( that's a poor sound description) as the injectors test when the ignition is switched on? or do you only hear the pump prime?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont recall hearing any of that other then the pump prime but I have fuel injector relay comjng in the mail because that was bad but bike still won’t start on starter fluid

·
Registered
18,639 Posts
People who set motorcycles out in the weather to rot away need the crap beaten out of them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
327 Posts
You better start beating a lot of people. You wouldn't believe the people who do that. I would never buy one if that were my only option is to leave it outside. I agree, ridiculous.

·
Registered
18,639 Posts
The 12 I bought for parts a few years ago sat outside. The engine fires up and runs but the weather did a number the rest of it. I bought it cheap.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I saw one on Facebook a couple of weeks back that was around a grand. It was silver, A1 and I was so tempted just for the parts. Never know what your getting though.

·
Registered
18,639 Posts
I saw one on Facebook a couple of weeks back that was around a grand. It was silver, A1 and I was so tempted just for the parts. Never know what your getting though.
My parts 12 was $500 so it was worth the risk. I bought an elcheapo battery and it fired right up and sounds good. I basically bought it to have a spare engine.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
no codes? cam sensor is plugged in?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts