Kawasaki World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys as per my last topic still dealing with the second gear issue. Dosent go into a false neautral just skips 2 or 3 times around 5-6k rpms. Im looking for some direction if i should just order whatever gears or the whole assy. I changed the whole assy a couple mnths ago (ebay) including drum and forks. If someone has already done this or can give me a link or drawing on what gears need to be changed it would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
you likely have worn engagement dogs (easy to see and fixed with a back cut), probably worn forks, and maybe bent shift shafts.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
post pics

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would kzscott but its not apart yet. I dont want to do all the work again untill i know what parts to order. On the last one the gears looked gun but the forks did hhave wear to them nd the dogs were not rounded off but the edges were a lil bit mushroomed. But i thought second gear input/output were gears only

·
Registered
682 Posts
Just a thought, it could be your clutch basket on its way out if you have already done the box ?
My mate had some thing similar & that turned out to be the basket springs had gone weak!:|

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmmm very interesting smiffy. Nothing jumped out on me when i was inspecting the basket other then 2 hairline cracks in it where someone tried holding it with a prybar or screwdriver or something of that sort.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Well, seeing as you have to take the basket off to get at the gears, when you put the "special" tool in to hold the starter gear to line up with the basket gear, (I use a 4mm allen key) :wink2:
If you pull the tool out of the basket when its off the bike & the gears still line up , or you can move them with your hands, then I think it might just be the springs might be broke or weak, see if you can hear them rattling about. :nerd:

Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts