Kawasaki World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys hope you can help, I recently purchased a 2000 zx9r she runs pretty good other than when ridding the bike it back fires quite a bit so I pulled off float bowl on carbs and cleaned the jets and still the same?? Plz help

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Shane,

A back fire can be caused by one or more problems, here's a few ideas to hope fully get you going,

1) check for blockages in the entire exhaust system

2) check all spark plugs are firing and all coil packs/ht leads(depending on your system set up) you can purchase an inline spark tester to do this.

3) deterioration of carburetor/throttle body rubbers both ends air filter/and manifold end e.g splits/cracks in them they tend to go hard over time.

4) incorrect fuel/air mixture (if yours is carb set up try resetting them) throttle body set up could be a sensor fault/faulty injector etc. and if carb set possible worn needle/jets or internal damage,split diaphragms.

5) check valve clearances

6) check condition of air filters/airfilter box and ducting pipework (e.g not blocked,damaged etc)

7) check condition of you stator and charging system I had it on a zx10r where stator/alternator was failing(causing misfires/backfires) hope this helps,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts