Kawasaki World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a chatter or clacking sound somewhere in the front end area when I'm going slow.

It goes away when I slightly pull the front brake lever, but the caliper seems to be fastened properly, any ideas?

Also, today, after my bike was warm, maybe ridden 30 minutes, I turned the bike off. Couldn't turn it back on. I heard fuel pump, I think, and starter turned, but not the engine. I think FI was lit, but not sure if FI lights up every time when you try starting?

Tried 3-4 times. Then I tried a rolling start, but didn't get enough speed so was not succesful. I tried starting normally again and it fired. No FI light.

Let the bike sit for an hour, it fired right up.

What could cause this?

I'm thinking when I get home I will check battery connection/terminals, and meter the battery. Maybe I should inspect a couple of spark plugs, too?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site!
Firstly, you will likely get some good advice on here, mine is only what I think.
1. Front end chatter could be the brake pads rattling in the calipers until applied, or even loose headstem bearings. Check both.
2. I would look at the stator wiring in case you have a burnt out phase (covered ad nauseum in sticky threads), along with other electrical sites you already suggested.
If you find out what 1. & 2. are please post up results!
Cheers,
Don.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also, today, after my bike was warm, maybe ridden 30 minutes, I turned the bike off. Couldn't turn it back on. I heard fuel pump, I think, and starter turned, but not the engine. I think FI was lit, but not sure if FI lights up every time when you try starting?

Tried 3-4 times. Then I tried a rolling start, but didn't get enough speed so was not succesful. I tried starting normally again and it fired. No FI light.

Let the bike sit for an hour, it fired right up.

What could cause this?

I'm thinking when I get home I will check battery connection/terminals, and meter the battery. Maybe I should inspect a couple of spark plugs, too?
The 12 can take quite a bit of battery power to start when it is hot and the battery is tired. There can be just enough to overcome the compression of the engine and turn over, but not enough volts to power the ECU. When the engine is cold the compression is lower and therefore easier to turn over.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts