Kawasaki World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reviewing the parts fiche for my 2002 and the 2004 12's.
As stated in another post, I have ordered new 2004 forks for my 2002, so I can acquire the
gold anodize and the radial brake mounts.

The fiche has a different part number for both the upper and lower clamp, comparing 2002 to 2004.
Googling, I cannot confirm that the 2004 forks will not mount to my 2002 clamps because of any
difference.

I found one thread that says you need the 2004 clamps, but they simply may have referred to the fiche.

I found another thread that says you only need forks, calipers and rotors (unless you use spacers).

Does anyone know with certainty?

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
1,241 Posts
The 04+ forks will mount fine to earlier triples (00-03)
2002-2003 clamps give more the bike slightly more trail than the 2004-2006 clamps.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Factory @SteveW

Thank you for your comments.

Changing trail was one of the possibilities I came up with, but there isn't a great deal of disclosure from Kawasaki to delineate changes. Hence, the mild anxiety is in play until more is known.

@Factory
Were you certain your spacers needed to be 10mm? I have heard 10 and 7. Thing is, if 10s are needed, 300mm rotors would also work. That is, if you need rotors...

I have no idea how long it is going to take Kawasaki to deliver the new forks to me. For that matter, I am also expecting wheels from Marchesini. Informing the customer seems like the least important thing, yet it is the sole reason they're fabricating something to begin with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts