Kawasaki World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 02 9R and have a Yosh RS3 Ti slip-on. My question is which jet kit do you recomend. I have heard that Factory makes an awsome kit that works excellent with the 9R.I Also have some people saying that Dyno-Jet kits are not the way to go with the 02-9R. Do you guys feel that a K&N filter is a must have when jetting your bike? Can you tell me what to expect from" the seat of the pants", after installing a well sorted Jet-Kit. Also does the bike get louder starting around 3000-4000RPM. My buddy had his 7R Jetted and I noticed that the bike was definately louder coming off idle. It now has quite a ripping sound trough the rev range,it sounds great!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
get the Factory Race kit (it's a little more expensive but worth it), the Factory ignition advancer and either install block-off plates or bypass them rendering the Kleen system useless.
If you have not done carb work before I would strongly recommend that you have someone do it for you that is competent. Installing a jet kit is easy in two ways: Easy to install and Easy to fuck up.

·
Registered
307 Posts
DoctorJeep,
What big bore kit are you using? Have you dynoed it? Was it worth the expense? I am considering this now and wanted any pointers advice you could give.

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had a green 01 ZX9 before I traded up to my ZX12. The seat of the pants feel is LARGE when also done with a good exhaust and a K&N air filter. The bike will begin to wheelie easier(still need to drop a tooth in front for a big front end pop) and it will pull harder throughout the rev range. Gone will be the sensation that it is running out of steam at higher revs. Jetting alone without an exhaust change will make it run better, but you will not get a significant horsepower(seat of the pants) jump.
It will sound fuller and get slightly louder. Talk to Marc at Factory Jet Kits, he was the first to really dial in the ZX9. I believe Ivans is a good one also, just no personal experience. Stay away from Dynojet, that is what I used and I regretted it, way too general. I spent many hours getting it right. Factory kits are drop in and go pretty much, Ivan's too from what I read.
Good luck!
Derbs :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts