Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fess up...whos trading for a new 12? Who is never going to trade until their first 12 is run into the ground? Who getting something different to go with the 12? Who is waiting for a ZX10?
I am getting a dual purpose bike to go with my 01Triumph Bonneville, 02 PMB 12,and 1960 R69 BMW. After that..maybe a Wing and then a cruiser. Thats my dream anyways, to own a bike for every occasion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I myself thinking about coming over to the Darkside :twisted: I was a busa owner, now it's time for change!!!Blk/Mica that is.

G

·
0 Posts
I wanna see the 10 before I do anything with the 12,otherwise I may look
at a new 12,but I dunno if it's worth doin? :?
I may update my trackday/thrash bike(zx7r) for an r1?
dunno.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
That's A Toughy

I love my Green "01 12R with the ripped decals already on the bike. That's the main reason I bought the bike because I loved the way it looked and everybody and their brother didn't have one. Plus, who can turn their eyes away from a beast like the 12 :lol: :wink: :wink: The only worry I have with it is the damn clutch :!: :!: :!: That's the only reason I would consider trading it for a new one.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just thought of another bike I want....a Ducati. One of their naked bikes like the M900. Throw some two bros cans on that and let the music play. 8)

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
I was reading the Motor Cyclist rag at the store, could not afford to buy it, it had the new 999 in it, soon as I saw I was wondering what Blitz
had done. Have you bought one :?:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
If I acn get financing I will trade in for the new green, but f you all remember they would not finance before so I bought a used (abused). If they dont I am still happy just want one that I was the only owner brand new that way I know everything that happened to it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I took a ride on my first 12 yesterday, an 02 model. The dealer is asking for $2k on top of what he gives me as trade on my 98 R11GS with 31k miles and a few imperfections. Looks like the GS is history!

Wifey not happy: she thought I was going to swap the Concours and the GS, thinks there are too many bikes in the garage.

I can't believe that the Conc and the ZX12 are made by the same manufacturer. The Conc feels generations older, top-heavy, buzzy, wheezy motor in comparison. Very unsophisticated suspension.

The GS motor / gearbox feels agricultural in comparison.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've traded my silver A1 for a new black B1 :D
I didn't think the 2003 colors were that special, so I thought I can just as well buy an 'outdated' B1 :wink:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I would love to get the '03 green, but the '02 is fully paid for and I would loose too much money trading just for color to be able to justify it. :? I still have full gear that will match. Guess I/m stuck with PMB!

If I could buy anything new right now it would be an Arctic Cat 900-1M w/151" track.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nah...

QuickSilver is going to be around for the long haul. I expect to have it long enough to put classic or historic plates on her. She's paid for so the next time I go into debt for a bike it will be for a cruiser or a track bike. QuickSilver is here to stay (provided she doesn't get wadded up so bad I can't put her back together again)!!!

Peace

·
Registered
690 Posts
keeper

Mine's here to stay also.I paid 10k,and I'm not giving it away for 5k.Plus it has the image from the "speed wars" and all.Maybe it'll appreciate some in a few years?

Jeff

1 - 20 of 33 Posts