Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I try to start the bike it just turns but won’t turn over. FI is lit when I cut it on then it blinks when I turn the key..You can hear the prime come on when key is turn to on position.
Never had a Kawasaki heard it’s a great bike but I can’t figure out what’s wrong here I do have a video but it won’t let me post a video. Just looking for any recommendations on what to look at or for.. Thanks

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I'm not sure what this means? "When I try to start the bike it just turns but won’t turn over."
Try pulling the clutch in, just in case it's the lockout switch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bad my terms may not be correct lol. When I try to start the bike it just turns with out starting up. I’ve pulled the clutch in, bikes also in neutral. If you shoot me your email I can send you a video I took of it and maybe that will help understand what I’m saying thanks for responding...

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
If the Fi light is staying on then you need to check what the fault code is. If it is going out and the engine is turning over but not starting it could be a few things.
Cam position sensor. fault code 23
Timing rotor pick up. fault code 21
Engine kill switch may have dirty contacts, which can give weak or no spark.

It could be a few other things but those are the most common culprits. The fault code will or should show the first 2.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Fault code 24 is the speed sensor and that should not stop it from starting. any other codes?

·
Super Moderator
1,299 Posts
That wont stop it from starting either.
I've had 2 bikes with that sensor had failed

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That wont stop it from starting either.
I've had 2 bikes with that sensor had failed
Located that part found out it wasn’t plugged in. I plugged it in and did the code read again now code 21 came up crankshaft sensor.. I’m new to this bike and very lost. Think it might have been a bad idea with this buy.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Don't give up on it, you're getting there, and you'll be happy you persevered.
Fault code 21 is the Timing rotor Crankshaft pick-up sensor and is easy to get to as it's on the righthand side as you sit on the bike.
As the other item was not plugged it might be the same for this, look above the clutch cover for a 2 pin plug (could be black or white I can't remember) Wire colours are yellow to yellow/black and Black to Brown/red.

Reactions: JustWannaRide

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't give up on it, you're getting there, and you'll be happy you persevered.
Fault code 21 is the Timing rotor Crankshaft pick-up sensor and is easy to get to as it's on the righthand side as you sit on the bike.
As the other item was not plugged it might be the same for this, look above the clutch cover for a 2 pin plug (could be black or white I can't remember) Wire colours are yellow to yellow/black and Black to Brown/red.
Ok will do this morning thank you I will get back once I locate it thank you guys for your help!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does the bike have an alarm fitted ?
Sorry I’m new to this type of motorcycle what do you mean by alarm fitted ? And thanks for replying to the post I’m stuck with this beautiful machine trying to get this thing going

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
UPDATE!!! Found some more plugs unplugged right over the oil pan side.. plugged it up and bike fired up now I have to do some TLC with the wires because the person who put the new motor in did a horrible job with wire placing.. and left all those plugs unplugged!!! Thank all of you for your help with my issue

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
So you finally got it going :) (y) Just noticed on Facebook. Well done. Speedo milage was just too much of a coincidence.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
this was the plug on top of the oil pan that found not connected so once I got my bug hands in there good I connected this part and went to start bike it fired right up after two attempts..

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
So it was the pickup coil plug disconnected then. (y)

Reactions: color me gone

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
You must be feeling loads happier now. (y) and even more when you start riding it. :)

Reactions: color me gone
1 - 20 of 25 Posts