Kawasaki World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding at about 40 mph When the engine started to bog out in motion. If I pull the clutch in the engine cut out when I let the clutch out it would keep going but loosing power. Once I came to a stop it would not turn over just clicks from the Starter switch by the battery. Fuel pump primes, I have changed the rectifier removed the starter to see if it was spinning and it was But I'm not sure if the starter should kick out and spin like a car starter does... tried a new battery even though the original battery charged and tested good But still won't turn over. Can anyone offer any help? Please, I've been out for a whole season And about to lose my s***

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
It could be a couple of things, sounds like a couple of problems.
Dirty ignition switch contacts.
Dirty Kill switch contacts, more common.
Weak Battery.
The starter motor needs stripping and the armature needs cleaning.
A loose connection in the battery tray feeding the bolt that goes to the starter cable.
Loose or dirty starter solenoid contacts.
Loose or dirty battery terminals.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It could be a couple of things, sounds like a couple of problems.
Dirty ignition switch contacts.
Dirty Kill switch contacts, more common.
Weak Battery.
The starter motor needs stripping and the armature needs cleaning.
A loose connection in the battery tray feeding the bolt that goes to the starter cable.
Loose or dirty starter solenoid contacts.
Loose or dirty battery terminals.
Thanks guess im going to work on these an update when I'm done.... thanks man

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Same shit happened to me on my A1. It's the battery. Mine failed, bike bucked off and on a few times, then cut out on the freeway. Put a new battery in after it was towed home and fired up. These bikes nowadays are super sensitive to battery failures.

Reactions: color me gone

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update
So after cleaning terminals and all that stuff with no changes I decided to dig in a little deeper. I took clutch apart and stater cover off. When I got to the last few plates I found shattered friction plates.
I want to the other side of the bike and put a socket on shaft and turned it by hand and it turned about 2 revolutions and stopped in both directions. When I turn the shaft backwards and try to start it it does not click but it tries to start and then stops and starts clicking when I hit the button again. Acts like something is jamming it from turning over… any ideas?
So after cleaning terminals and all that stuff with no changes I decided to dig in a little deeper. I took clutch apart and stater cover off. When I got to the last few plates I found shattered friction plates.
I want to the other side of the bike and put a socket on shaft and turned it by hand and it turned about 2 revolutions and stopped in both directions. When I turn the shaft backwards and try to start it it does not click but it tries to start and then stops and starts clicking when I hit the button again. Acts like something is jamming it from turning over… any ideas?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Does the bike go into neutral?
Does it roll around in neutral?
What “shaft” are you spinning, the crankshaft?
Did you remove the clutch basket?

If it dropped a valve then the piston is hitting it if the “shaft”you are rotating is the crankshaft.

Cmg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts