Kawasaki World banner

2009 ninja 250

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  GO 200 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I am a COMPLETE newbie. I have only ridden 50 cc scooters at most at 6'3 210 lbs lol. Just recently a friend of mine offered to sell me his red 2009 ninja 250 for 2 grand. Because the price is such a steal, especially here in los angeles, i went ahead and purchased it. only gave him 500 for now and still owe him the rest. Now.....

Problems -

its been sitting in the garage for over 3 months without start.
when trying to start, the battery was completely dead to the point the horn didn't even work with zero sound when pushing starter.
once charging connected to my car ( car engine off ), i was able to get it started. Once it started to idle, we would try first gear and it would completely die again, having to use the jump cable to start. After putting the choke fully open, the bike would stay running... if the choke is closed, the bike died as first attempt.

Friends guesses -

" your gas has been in the tank too long so its gone bad "
" your carberator is probably dirty now "
" need a new battery "

Could anybody PLEASE help out this rookie / newbie ?
I don't even have my bike permit yet, I will get it soon.

Thanks and regards,

First time owner Chad

See less See more
#2 ·
Even after your eloquent rant recently, I will attempt to understand by what you've posted...

Your carbs need to be cleaned.

Try SeaFoam if you are not mechanically inclined...otherwise get someone to disassemble and clean your carbs.

:squint:

#4 ·
I have a suggestion that will hopefully please every one.

Now, it sounds like the bike may have a flat battery, I would suggest charging it, also drain out the old fuel and replace with new.

If the bikes not running very well it sounds like it may have old fuel or dirt in the fuel line I would suggest you take the bike for a good thrashing to clear all the crap though the carb ETC.

And finally whilst out on the bike, please...... park it in the rear of a bus at full speed!

This is the MOST helpful Kawasaki web site on the planet, give people a chance, having a full on retard moment just doesn't help - All you have done is make your self look like a dick, well done!

Regards from the UK.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.