Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Site Admin
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R Ninja 200horsepower with pictures from the upcoming November 2010 issue of Cycle World.

Features:
  • 200 hp engine
  • Traction Control
  • Engine Power Control
  • Improved camshafts
  • All New Cast Aluminum Frame
  • Lighter, shorter swingarm
  • New Big Piston Fork
  • Race ABS Brakes
  • Power Mode
  • Flatter bars
  • Lower, more forward rearsets
  • Lower seat height
  • Digital Instrument Cluster
  • LED Tach

Looks like the only thing that did not change were the radial mount front brake calipers and the 310mm rotors.

Many more new pics:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Oh yeah that thing is BADA$$!! :crazyloco:

Who thinks it can take the new BMW 1000RR? :puzzled:

Cant wait to find out!! :evil:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nice. Big thumbs up. The first thing I'd get rid of would be the exhaust.

Going by the specs it should give the Beemer a run for its money.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
My money sez.. it will deee-friggin-vour the beemer !! why.. because it too.. HAS WINGS !!!! look close.. they is there !!

I just offered my wife a trade.. that this would take the place of any and all future giftings, from now until.. whenever, for all I care !! Christmas, Birfdays, my kid's birfday, Hanukkah (and thats a power holiday, cuz ya do gifts all seven days !!) Easter, Fathers day.. (couldnt sell her stingy butt on mothers day.. but I tried.. so that one is out) Presidents day.. :crackup:

Still waiting wiff baited breath on her reply..:eek:hno:

I agree about the exhaust.. that was the only stipulation I was thinking.. I only want it if I can make it as loud as my 12.. otherwise.. thinkin' I might sell the 12 (GAAAAASSSPP) :eek:hno::loco::scared: an go to an 05 or 06 zx10

JEEEZZ I cant believe I just said that !!

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Me loves my Kawasaki's !!!!!!!!!!! I hope to purchase one of those for the wife this year..Her time on a Suzuki is ending this year on one Kawasaki or another...

·
Registered
991 Posts
I like the looks of the bike with the exception of the tail and the rims. It seems like all the manufacturers have been chopping the tail off for a couple of years now. Your rear tire winds up sticking out alot further than your tail section. Then they put a mile long license plate bracket back there. I just like the tail sections and rims on the 04 thru 07 10R's much better. Where are you going to put your Power Commander after all.:tard:

I could see me owning one of these bad boys though. Wonder what it cost?

·
Registered
991 Posts
I wouldn't go running out to buy a BMW 1000RR any time soon. One of my buddies here brought his back from the Dragon last week on a trailer. Catastrophic engine failure. Seems that his isn't an isolated incident either.:thumbdown:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I wouldn't sell my 12 for it, at 6'2 and 250 that lil' 10 and I would disagree on longer trips, but it sure would look nice beside it in the garage! There will always be little things you would change on a new bike, i think that's where the creative customization takes place.:thumbup:

Personally, The mirrors would be switched out for more streamlined units, the exhaust would be gone before the engine cooled after the trip home from the stealership, and that rear end would be cleaned up. That windscreen is bugging me a little too, can't quite put my finger on it, but I think it's looking at me funny...

·
Registered
991 Posts
They should brink back the 12 with more tech upgrades. 230hp should do nicely

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree, screw the 14 =P

i dont mind the 10, tech sounds impressive but, really.. its fking ugly.. it looks like some one smacked a zx6 from a few years ago with a shovel & salvaged the bodywork for this!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Every year the fairings keep getting smaller.. I mean its not terrible looking by anymeans but the tech/mechanical look doesnt do it for me. The elegance just isnt their like the full covered fairing bikes were

1 - 20 of 73 Posts