1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Site Admin
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Kawasaki holds back new ZX-10R as it goes radical
By Laura Kennerley
02 July 2009 17:59

Kawasaki has delayed the launch of the new ZX-10R as it is developing a radical new bike.

The Japanese firm has opted out of its traditional two-year pattern of replacing the top-flight sportsbike as it wants to create a bike to win the World Superbike series with.

The new ZX-10R is now expected to be launched at the end of 2010.

Source: MCN

·
Registered
645 Posts
Well, hopefully that extra year will give them enough time to design something that isn't as goofy and cross-eyed looking as the current 10R. Would be nice to see Kawi competitive in one of the major race series too. Right now they're barely an "also ran" in WSB, MotoGP, and AMA Sbk.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Sounds more like they are saving the R&D dollars and getting an extra year out of this model...and the leftovers.

Spoken like someone who really understands how these factories think... I agree Shane.. I'll own nothing but a Kawasaki BUT I'll be the first to say they need to step up in the road racing world.. The sad fact that a private effort with their 09 Moto Gp bike has netted better results than their own factory effort indicates that a HOUSE CLEANING PARTY needs to take place over there. Clearly the folks in charge of running the race departments need to be standing in the RICE LINE !! The R&D departments are capable of producing winning machines.. The powers that be need to change.. HIRE Top notch Talent like Rossi and let him tell the factory what the bike needs. There's no shame in doing that. That's exactly what Yamaha had to do.. They were as lost as Kawasaki until the Doctor came over... The mechanics can't fix the bikes if the folks riding them have NO CLUE what it takes to win at that level.. Ferrari did this with Michael Schumacher as well. And since he isn't driving any longer they seem to be struggling yet again..

·
Registered
507 Posts
Sounds like the lack of sales is taking it's hurting the ZX-10 so we see yet another stale Ninja.The bow on the back is pretty .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts