Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks back I rode into town (2 miles) to grab lunch with some family. After eating I rode another two miles to grab some stuff and when I tried to leave the store my bike wouldn't start.

The starter has always been very strong and will fire up with the lightest touch of the button. Now I get one loud click from the starter relay and then nothing. All fuses are good, I have swapped the starter relay, installed new battery and checked the lead to the starter.

Additionally, the bike has never been laid down and it started once after I changed the battery. There is an auto tune and PC 5 installed as well. If anyone could give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
On the 12 forum this problem is normally the PC gone bad...try unplugging it ?

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
If it was a starter cranking, but no fire, I would suggest removing the PC from the loop for a test. Since you're saying all you get is a click, I'd be looking at the starting circuit. You already eliminated the obvious, now it's time to take a closer look at the starter itself.....

·
Registered
430 Posts
Check your kickstand switch,the older 10s were notorious for them going bad. Don't know if that was upgraded in the newer ones

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you

Thank you everyone for your support. I have tried unplugging the PC and that didn't do it. The kickstand switch appears to be fine as well. I tried to bypass the starter relay but that didn't work either. I ordered the shop manual from Kawasaki so I can get a colored wiring diagram and get into it better. I also swapped out the ECU and nothing. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Have you tried putting the bike into gear and rocking forward/backward ?, just a long shot but has starter motor jammed up ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts