Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

2014 KAWASAKI NINJA ZX-14R ABS

World-Class Performance Meets Real World Flexibility

Everything about the Ninja ZX-14R ABS sportbike is big: Big displacement, big horsepower, big accolades. Life is pretty good at the top of the heap. When you make more power than any other production sportbike on the planet, as the ZX-14R does, the character of the power delivery is as important as the actual number of horses. To that end, the surface-milled combustion chamber shapes and polished intake ports provide the benefits of racing’s black art – porting – straight from the factory. Consequently, all elements of the induction system work in a coordinated manner, maintaining the Ninja tradition of smooth power delivery.

ZX-14R’s popularity doesn’t just come from the brawniness of its 1,441cc inline-four. The bike is as happy meandering two-up on a country road as it is screaming down the drag strip or dry lake bed. The secret to the ZX-14R’s broad appeal comes from embracing technologies, like ABS brakes and traction control, that add more usability for a wide range of riders and riding styles. But yeah, the horsepower still has a lot to do with it.
The Ninja ZX-14R’s engine is more than supremely powerful; there’s also plenty of polish and refined manners to go along with it. The engine’s dual gear-driven counterbalancer setup has been optimized to work with the mill’s heavy-duty crankshaft and long-stroke dimensions. The end result is smooth power across the entire rev range.

High-lift camshafts are operated by a high-performance cam chain and tensioner system to help ensure high-rpm reliability. Lightweight forged pistons also help durability and are cooled by an oil-jet cooling system that pumps a continuous stream of lubricant at the underside of each piston. (Testing shows the engine runs considerably cooler with this race-spec system.)

The impressive durability built into this high-compression powerhouse continues with

Follow this link for the Full 2014 Kawasaki ZX-14R Specs.

·
Registered
909 Posts
cant ride a bike wiv fins
no matter how good it is
wtf kawasaki are doing is beyond me.
about the ugliest bike available right now
i want a stylish bike.busa is ugly but dont have fins
:lol: so it all comes down to the fins, eh? idk... I personally like the way it looks... the ZX12R is definitely my favorite looking sport bike. Not the original model, the intake looked like shit IMO.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hey you don't even notice the Finns riding it,when you're blowing by everything else on the road, in comfort. :crazyloco:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Front looks bad, tail is horrible and the pipes just take the piss.
It makes me wonder how they could manage to fuck it up so badly.
It is an engineering masterpiece but I need to get off at the end of the day and look at it lovingly. That thing would get a cover over it.
The fins certainly don't help.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
They all look like shit for 2014.What the fuck are you thinking kawasaki.......puke

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
In going to skip this model all together and wait for a true "R"...perhaps with that supercharged motor they run in the jet ski...I do like the candy green over black...but....it's just not as sexy as the 12 was/is and they really need to build the R on it's own platform and more like a race bike should be.

I do think they got it right with that tarantula front end, however, because those spiders eat buglies.........

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
In going to skip this model all together and wait for a true "R"...perhaps with that supercharged motor they run in the jet ski...I do like the candy green over black...but....it's just not as sexy as the 12 was/is and they really need to build the R on it's own platform and more like a race bike should be.

I do think they got it right with that tarantula front end, however, because those spiders eat buglies.........
Wait for a "true R" ???? This bike has near 200hp to the wheel, is no doubt the fastest/highest HP (by a long shot) bike ever mass produced, even has technological comforts to boot like traction control.... yet you want a supercharged version to make it a "true R" ???? riiiiiiight.....

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Wait for a "true R" ???? This bike has near 200hp to the wheel, is no doubt the fastest/highest HP (by a long shot) bike ever mass produced, even has technological comforts to boot like traction control.... yet you want a supercharged version to make it a "true R" ???? riiiiiiight.....
I'd love to see that motor in something more sport than touring oriented. It looks like a lowered FJR, weighs almost the same too.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts

Lots more parts to score the walls with wear from the blades. Lots more weight. Low is the compression. Pulley system to speed or slow the blades off the crank.

Tall is my bike. Wide is my bike. Top heavy is my bike. Yeah, I think I'll weight till dis comes out.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
The zx14r is 1441 cc`s.It`s all engine.A great big, heavy ,powerful engine.No matter what 2 wheel motorcycle you put it into you will never hide the weight.I bet that engine weighs close to 300 pounds

·
Registered
1,943 Posts

Check this out. Front tire is shown. Means it was not hit head on, lets assume. See the center stand and the rest of the bike in the back? Lets assume too, no crash to the side either.

Now, checkoff how many cracks you see on that case? Do you think the turbo go boom in reverse was one valve closed, the other open, now guess where the air went?

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
By a true R bike...I mean one that is designed like a race machine instead of a ZZR. I know the bike is powerful. There is no doubt. The package...well...it's nice but....it just don't look like a racer. I dunno how to explain it. The ZZR has always been the tourer bike with big power and a chain...the Connie even more so with a shaft...and the "R" was reserved for the raw machine. The track machine. Look at the ZZR1200 vs the ZX12R...the difference between the 2. Now if they took the ZZR1400 and made a real "R" bike, not meaning revolutionary, but what it's sposed to mean, now I bet that would be a bike. Like the difference stated above, could you imagine a ZX14R with a more race oriented body styling.

I myself like the 14R much more than.the first gen. I just don't like it enough to want to jump on board. I think.Kawasaki could do a much better job and release something even better, and I am pretty sure their engineers are working on it now. The ZZR1100 ruled the roost for a decade. We are coming up on that now. There will be a real R machine coming out within 5 years. It's time for a new ZXR. And I want that bastid supercharged. Factory suoercharged...think on it. They can make it reliable. I wouldn't doubt it's already in the works. We shall see.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts