Kawasaki World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Third ZX 14 loved the bikes 2007 28k, 2012 44k, 2018 10k blown motor. I broke in all three bikes per the manuals and service has always been spot on. Any thoughts/suggestions in getting help from Kawasaki to rebuild. Loved the bikes but this was quite a let down. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Third ZX 14 loved the bikes 2007 28k, 2012 44k, 2018 10k blown motor. I broke in all three bikes per the manuals and service has always been spot on. Any thoughts/suggestions in getting help from Kawasaki to rebuild. Loved the bikes but this was quite a let down. Thanks
I have an 18 and would love to hear what caused this. Seems unbelievable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an 18 and would love to hear what caused this. Seems unbelievable.
Felt unbelievable too. There seems to be an intermittent oil pressure problem that can affect the ZX14. I have a 2020 now 4th one but I also bought the extended warranty. You might check into adding this if you could still. There are a lot of aftermarket oil cover/assembly parts for our bike I spoke to guys at competitioncnc they seem to be very knowledgeable on this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Following. Third ZX14 with thrown rod is about as rare as it gets. I'd like to hear what the deal is.

Are you pumping nitrous in there or turbo? Did your raise the rev limit? You said maintenance is spot on but something else has to be going on in there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No nitrous or turbo, Brock exhaust and ECU was only tuning change bike had been ridden within its factory RPM's limits. I would have agreed with your comment on its rare remember this was my third one the first two had 28k and 44k and going strong when traded. When you start checking around you find there "can be" an oil pressure problem that will fry the bearings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts