Kawasaki World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 2023 14 and there are a couple of things i find a nuisance. The fuel gauge from full took 152 k's for the
first block to disappear and the subsequent blocks disappeared very quickly. Secondly if the cooling fans are working
when you turn off the ignition they stop,( on my old 12 R the fans stay on until until they cooled the engine sufficiently
Are these foibles normal and if so can anything be done to adjust or remedy them.
Thank you, and have a good day. Merv.

· Registered
3,147 Posts
Post up some pics of the mighty 14R.
Fans running after the bike shuts off doesn’t cool the engine. With the engine off the coolant does not circulate. As long as the fans turn on when the engine is running you will be fine. You will be able to turn the fans on earlier than stock if you have the ecu flashed.
Not sure I have ever had a motorcycle with a accurate fuel gauge…lol

cmg

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, not sufficiently computer literate to post photo's. Agreed fuel gauges are never truly accurate but my ZX9R, and ZX12R were not far off the mark in how much had been used. As long as the Range reading is within reason ill get used to it, though ive never enjoyed pushing my bikes. Again thank you Have a good day. Merv.

· Registered
1,713 Posts
My Brocked out 2012 14r with Street map goes 60 miles before the first segment disappears cruising around 80 mph.
I love this bike. 27,000 miles now.

· Registered
1 Posts
I pretty much gauge the fuel bars by simply looking at each bar as 1 gallon of gas, since the tank holds 5.8 gallons and there are 6 bars on the fuel gauge. It's not scientific but it's pretty close, like if I stop for gas and I have 3 bars remaining I know that I will pump approximately 2.5 - 3 gallons of gas to fill up. Also the Estimated Fuel is based on engine load and will vary depending on how you are riding at that very moment, and it will fluctuate wildly dependent on this. When the last bar flashes just know that you have approximately 1 gallon of gas remaining, and to not depend on the Estimated Fuel function unless you are consistently steady on the throttle on your way to a gas station.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts