Kawasaki World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I saw one on a Bugly about a month ago....looked cool but the chain was actually rubbing the from edge of the tire pretty bad.. And then I saw another that had the same set up but with an extra sprocket right in front of the rear tire to offset the rear sprocket to the front one...(kinda hard to explain)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would think unless you're pushing over 250-300 hp with a lowered/extended bike WITH traction problems it would slow you down more than do any good. Takes away power to turn the extra weight of the heavier front sprocket adapter, wider wheel, and tire. As far as rideability, just don't try to turn and you should be O.K.. 8) I saw a pic of one on an R6, looked retarded and poserishly wasteful on such a bike.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Because it looks good thats why. I saw a bike with the same set up, with an extra sprocket between the front and rear sprockets but it was for a 300mm conversion.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its not that much when I already had $2000 toward a set of rims. Now I just add the money for the swingarm. Done deal.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Why?? because its kewl.. Must I remind people everyone has their own idea of why they have a bike? I would personly love to do a cutom mod type of street bike I was thinking an old 900RR or somthing but slamed to the ground big ass rear tire and the works.. a good 50 shot of go juice and it would be fun.. similar to what people do to harleys but w/o the oil leaks and belt drives... people in eruope have been doing this for years they call em street fighters.. yea alot of those arebuilt for stunting but alot ar simply built as cruisers with lots HP.. to each his own and I wanted a 240 on the back of my 12 when I had it.. just couldent give up the cornering.. As for that R6 with a 240 on it.. i seen pics of the guy riding the GAP!!!! talk about wrong bike for the occasion but hey maybe hes touring like a Harley rider??? just my.02

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you sir for your input. Everyone has different opinions and taste. But we are still as one b/c we all have chosen the best bike to own.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts