Kawasaki World banner

250R on the BOTTLE!!!!

13K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  Racer X 9623 
#1 ·
I have a friend that I helped build a wet kit for his 250 and it does work,infact it's like nothing I have ever seen,has the power of a 600 in a little 250...But I wanted to know if anyone else has done this?

#5 ·
I have sprayed my 04 250, fun.

A.

#6 ·
Hey Ship, what jet size did you go with? People always say that your safe with a 40hp shot but when you apply that to an engine 1/5 the size do you have to keep this into account?

BTW, The pace of this conversation is hilarious. 1st post 2004, 2nd post 9months later, 3rd post 2006. I'll check back in 2010 for a reply to my question LOL

#8 ·
I don't remember the jet size right now and the bike is outside + its dark. I just tap it sometimes when I'm flat out with the literboys just to spool it up. I have been known to run ridiculously tall gearing....sometimes making 6th almost useless unless I tap it, have a long hill, draft another slow bike, stay tucked WOT for miles and find "good air" at certain parts of the hwy. People say I'm crazy around here for doing it...the motor does sound worse these days and I do valve adjustements every 2k miles because I'm at such high RPMS all the time w/this bike. Cheap bike to experiment with...a scaled down primitive ZX12 in a way. Chin down on the tank, WOT it actually reminds me of the 12 in a weird way...maybe its the gauges, or the intake tone.

A.

#11 ·
Prototype held with zip ties:

Opted for other side with real brackets:

partly due to potential interference with the metal chain guard required for Land Speed racing duties:

#13 ·
Why?

#14 ·
cuz you gonna be spraying a stock motor the pistons arent gonna hold. they might for awhile but sooner or later the motor is gonna give up. running nitrous on a bike or a car you have to be real careful the way you do it. do it the right way not just throw it on there and leave the inners stock mod it first

#15 ·
sounds like you need some help tuning. stock internals are just fine for limited amounts of extra power if done properly. yeah sure forged pistons and ss valves are tougher but get the tune up wrong and no motor will survive.

if i had a 250 I would put a 15hp shot on it and not worry. thats a good jump in power to weight ratio

#18 ·
Bump!

#23 · (Edited)

This is a dyno run from February. After I put my foot down I hit the button. This was a 55 HP day. We made about sixty pulls to get it sorted.

The bike is highly modified to use nitrous. It has forged pistons 12.5 to 1 and a custom exhaust to help get the stuff out. Plus custom fuel system carbs and a completely different ignition system.
I am not sure how a stock bike would do with nitrous. The exhaust is a bit restricted.

#24 ·
dyno feb 2013 009 - YouTube
This is a dyno run from February. After I put my foot down I hit the button. This was a 55 HP day. We made about sixty pulls to get it sorted.

The bike is highly modified to use nitrous. It has forged pistons 12.5 to 1 and a custom exhaust to help get the stuff out. Plus custom fuel system carbs and a completely different ignition system.
I am not sure how a stock bike would do with nitrous. The exhaust is a bit restricted.
how do you fair against 600cc bikes now though. Can you take them easily?

#28 · (Edited)
I have decided to convert the nitrous bike from CR Specials to fuel injection. The fuel injection should work much better with nitrous than carbs. My hope is that any mixture changes from the nitrous will be compensated for with the fuel I injection.
This is a major upgrade that involves a lot of little changes and then an exhausting amount of testing and dyno tuning.

I had 61.5 HP on the last dyno run. I am sure I can do better. Also I have also taken the cylinder out to 66 mm. That makes the engine 282cc.
To make room for the wiring fuel pump and stuff. I extended the swing arm 2.5 inches. This allows me to stay in the modified class.

Attachments

#30 ·
Yes unfortunately I am sort of stalled on the turbo bike. I say sorta because I was going to get the turbo bike running without the turbo. Just to sort the fuel injection and cooling system. But I have zero money. So by sorting the FI on the nitrous bike will accomplish what I need go know regarding the turbo.
As for power I am already making 60 . I would like to get close to 80.I have Carrillo rods and ARP studs head work big pistons. Once I get it all together we will see what happens.
Because I race the mile and want to run Bonneville ( five miles) I need to make a nitrous system that can remain consistent over that distance. Spraying nitrous for more than a few seconds changes everything. Exhaust gas temp must be monitrored very close.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.