Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen a zx12 with a WIDE TIRE CONVERSION?
Im thinking about getting a 300 WIDE TIRE CONVERSION stretched 10in.
What yall think?

·
Registered
631 Posts
If I had an extra poser bike, I'd definetely love to do it. looks awesome.
All I've got is my rider, so it would'nt make sense to do something like that to it. My buds would kill me in the turns! :lol:

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
go to tracdynamics.com, they have 240 and 300 kits, pretty much whatever stretch you need(I think they go to 16in over), cost ya an arm and a leg and a left nut tho lol

·
Banned
5,436 Posts
My only beef w/it is sooner or later you'll end up w/another bike in the other lane....even a 750 might get the best of you and the weaves and wobbles you're sure to have due to the offset of those wheels @ top end isn't gonna be fun.

But agreed, it does "look" nice.

A.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I HAVE

I HAVE AND IT'S USELESS, NOBODY MAKES A PERFORMANCE TIRE IN THAT SIZE. PIRELLI TRIED AND FAILED, NOS WILL JUST SPIN THOSE TIRES. FAT TIRES KITS AREN'T FOR PERFORMANCE THO........IT'S ALL ABOUT THE LOOK. IF I WASN'T SUCH A HORSE POWER JUNKY I'D HAVE ONE. AS FAR AS THEM BEING UNSTABLE, NOT TRUE THE WHEELS AREN'T OFFSET, JUST THE SPROCKETS, I'VE TAKEN A BUSA WITH A 330 REAR TIRE UP TO 130MPH AND IT WAS VERY STABLE. DIDN'T HANDLE AS BAD AS YOU'D THINK EITHER.

IF YOU WANT TO GO WITH A 300 CALL ROARIN TOYZ , I DON'T THINK TRAC MAKES BIGGER THAN A 240 FOR THE 12.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
As mad said the problem is lack of performance tires.. I thought it would be awesome for a drag bike and Tony told me that a performance 190 or 200 would grip 10X better because of the compound. it does look good.. im in south FL you have to ride hours to even find a turn straight line is all there is here...

·
Banned
5,436 Posts
Silky, have you run the 9/10 yet? :lol:

·
Registered
275 Posts
but just how hard can you ride it . Are they fragile running two chains like that, :?: and then a shaft goes through the swing arm

1 - 20 of 26 Posts