Kawasaki World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any 190lbs zx12r riders tried the 44 teeth on a stock wheel base I have stock gears an lower 2inch in the rear an 1 1/4 in the front an I pull wheelies at the end of 1st gear with a 4500 rpm launch on the street with only a rs3 slip on will the 44teeth help me

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
why would gear it so tall?

·
Registered
571 Posts
better mileage with 18/44 and with most tires it puts the speedometer right on.....but that has little or nothing to do with racing

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
doubt the gearing change had anything to do with it. You're just getting better. For reference I went from [email protected] with stock gearing, to [email protected] with -1 front.
to me the front end doesnt come up any more with a 5k launch but my 60" stayed the same 330s got better an 1/8 mile time got better

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
you will get better et if you manage that wheelie without taking tq away from the bike with gearing.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
put your chin on the tank and look through the windscreen, not over it, it will help!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Leave the 44 tooth sprocket on and get a 16 tooth for the front. You described the front wheel as "wobbling" and I didn't see it come up in the video. Go for the gearing and learn to ride with the wheelies. How do ride a ZX12 and not be comfortable with wheelies?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ok, so the forks are hanging out of the top triple tree by 1-1/4" ?

I thought the lower clamp would only fully seat on a short section of the fork due to it being tapered thus restricting the amount that one can safely lower the front end. Anyone recall what that maximum is?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts