Kawasaki World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 4th gear went whilst out on a ride so decided to do it myself as im quite good on the spanners but almost anyone could do it with the help of a manual, i used the manual and it helped but missed a few key points like removing the bolt that holds the bottom of the cam chain guild by the crank pick up sensor, theres no need to remove the flywheel, i rermoved the clutch but couldnt see any advantage of doing this.
some things i should of done is removed the sump before removing the engine to allow complete draining of oil then refitting with a couple of bolts,removal of clutch as it was a pain with engine out but i had an air gun to undo the centre nut, the bolts that go through the bottom casing that hold the crank will be tight so get someone to hold the engine so you can undo them i had to do it on my own with a long breaker bar with engine resting on its head and a jack underneath holding it up

Attachments

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Oooh
Mine needs a firm movement to get it into 4th or it can find a neutral and clunk badly afterwards. Sooner or later that's going to happen to me!
I think 4th has been a problem for a few people.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oooh
Mine needs a firm movement to get it into 4th or it can find a neutral and clunk badly afterwards. Sooner or later that's going to happen to me!
I think 4th has been a problem for a few people.
mine slowly got worse and worse till the inevitable happened :thumbdown:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts