Kawasaki World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have a 88 kx250 and I just got it it runs but when I got it running the jet needle broke so now I don't known what to do I can't find them anywere everytime I call a dirt bike company there not in stock no we're to be found does anybody known were to get one or is there a way to use another carburetor or somthing please help thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
carb problems

hi,

i found some one else with a similar problem on another motorcycle forum (if not yourself) this is what they said "I have looked everywhere for a Kawasaki kx 250 needle jet My son is 17 years old and got a 1988 kx 250 motorcycle from my nephew, when he got it, the motorcycle was in pieces and I thought he would never get it back together but he did. In all the moving around we done, the throttle cable was hanging off the bike with the jet needle exposed and we must of broke it off. Now for the bad news, the needle is a discontinued part ( #16009-1410) through kawasaki and there seems to be no aftermarket part. I have called everywhere new and used and cant find one. I even looked for carbs on ebay with cable attached and seems to be a real hard to find part. I was told that a jet needle from a 1989-125cc and a 1989 250cc and a 1989 500c would fit but still no luck, Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks"

and this is what i have found and its genuine :- was listed on ebay uk (but says the part is in/from the united states)
NOS Kawasaki Needle Jet R1366N 88-90 KX125 89-90 KX250 89-90 KX500 16009-1442

From United States
£18.27
+ £5.48 postage

hope this helps

kind regards

mike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts