Kawasaki World banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 ZX11C3 thats been sitting up for 10 years. I'm working on bringing it back into service; valve job, new rings etc.
With the cylinder head off I can see the pistons are heavily coked as follows: #1 heavy coke, #2 almost looks what you'd expect as proper jetting,
#3 a bit heavier than #2, #4 heavy coke. I've not done a compression check or leak-down test.

I have both the ZX11C supplement and the ZX11D factory manuals. The ZX11C3 has 155 main jets, the ZX11D has #1,#4 at 160 and #2,#3 at 158.
ZX11C jet needle is N60 and ZX11D jet needle is N96X.

I don't think the larger dual intake air box on the ZX11D would contribute a big difference from that of the ZX11C (both mainly help keep torque up when
shifting according to test run at Sport Cycle magazine) with respect to main jetting. There is the issue of larger exhaust canisters on the ZX11D having less
back pressure.

Otherwise, same cam timing, ignition timing, compression, etc.

Could the difference in jetting be explained by Kawasaki simply getting a better handle on the overall carburating characteristics of these engines?

So, assuming I get all my ducks in a row (rings, valves, valve guide seals and perfect float bowl levels) would it make sense to change from my ZX11C3 jetting
to that of the 94 ZX11D?

I'd like to open a discussion on this topic.

Hope to hear from anyone interested.

H.S.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts