Kawasaki World banner

94 zx9r carb setting

9K views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  4ftswells 
#1 ·
Post is just for reference but will get you about spot on. Since these forums just start of with the topic and stray away after page one or have no final conclusion follow up of what corrected or found.

195 main 38y pilot third notch from base toward tip on needle. One turn out on idle mixture screw.

#4 ·
38 on the pilot is to rich. One notch down is to rich on the needle. Bog at mid to Wot . I went back to factory setting except the main. I kept the 190 main which was 185. Place needle notch back to second notch down starting at the top of the needle. For mixture Im at 1¹/² turns out. 6sigma sucks most all jetting kits suck. If you havent done major engine mods on this engine then jettinh no necessary. K&N filter and exhaust doesnt require jetting. Factory exhaust is already a pretty free flow exhaust. It has no cats and headers are already 4 2 to 1. Back to factory settings. sigma says start at 3¹/² turns out and start from there. Ha, just 2 ½ out your mixture needle may start leaking.

#6 ·
Bought this cycle 8 yrs ago and have been chase poor idle and deadspots down low. I knew that someone has been drag racing this cycle. Had Nos holes punched into the carb upper individual boots. Come to find out it had 185 main 35 pilot and needle in middle position with slide spring cut and drilled. After finding out it was kitted and factory is 190main 35P with needle position 2 from bottom.

I wondered why a high altitude 185 jet was used. Used due to the slide being cut and drilled. Cause the needle to let fuel out the emulsion tube into the venturi at idle. To compansate they step the main jet down.

No wonder why i could never get a good carb sync nor idle. Or a slight wack on the throttle. Bought a used carb that hadnt been molested. To get the slides. and springs. So rule is DONT CUT SPRINGS OR DRILL YOUR SLIDES!!!

#7 ·
Factory 190 main is to rich. 185 main 35 pilot, second notch down from the top on the outsides 2 notch down from the top one shim on the inside carbs. 2 and a cunts hair back from ½. Which i need to fine tweak that. Also going to remove those shim.

190main would cause , fall flat nothingness wont go at the top of the rpm scale. Jetting for this cycle is pointless. Even with full exhaust and air filter.

#8 ·
My final settings, 190m 35P as factory. Middle notch on needle. 2 ½ cunts hair clockwise from that ½. The emulation tubes says in the factory manual that 1 and 4 are 6m and 2,3 are 5mm. Looking at mine, they were staggered. Only difference i could tell without knowing what to measure. Was the 2 of them had more airation holes then the other. So i placed thoses on 1 and 4 which , are the outside carbs. Less holes of course on the inside. Set float height to 13mm or half of a inch. The main jets if you notice have different height bases. Which my assumption is putting them on the outside carbs, so when leaning around the curves they stay submerged better, because they sit deeper in the bowl compared to the inside.

#9 ·
Finally settings, 190main 35 Pilot 1 3/4 idle mixture. 2nd notch from the top on needle jet. Pretty much factory settings. Hi flo filter and D&D EXHAUST. 6sigma jet kit is bullshit. Jetting for such mods is bullshit. Guy that redid my headgasket says iii might have a mild performance cam. Still factory settings are the proper settings. Ran to rich with jjetting kits. Only possible tweaks would be a 195 or 200 main.